Create a Message for a Workstyle
To create a Message:
- Select the Messages node in the relevant Workstyle. The right pane displays the All Messages page.
- In the right pane, select Actions > Add. The Add Message dialog box appears.
- Select a Message template from the first dropdown. You can choose from:
- Allow Message (Audit)
- Allow Message (enter Reason)
- Allow Message (with Authentication)
- Allow Message (with Challenge)
- Block Message
- Request Message (enter Reason)
- You can change the other options if required to customize it to your organization's needs.
- Click OK to finish creating the Message.
A new message is created. You may now further refine the Message by selecting it and editing the Design and the Text options available beneath each Message.
After you change the policy, click Submit and then Save to save the policy. In ePO 5.10 and later, if you have McAfee Approvals workflow enabled, this workflow can be modified to change the Save button to Submit for Review based on user permissions.
Edit the Message Name and Description
You may edit a Message name or description by clicking on either element:
- Click the Message node and select the Message you want to edit in the All Messages pane.
- You can click the Message Name or check the box and click the Properties button to edit the Message Name or Description. Click OK to save your changes.