Install the Privilege Management Policy Editor
Using an administrator account, log in to the Windows computer where you want to manage Privilege Management for
Ensure you have the relevant Group Policy management tools installed on the desktop or server where you wish to install Privilege Management Policy Editor.
To install Privilege Management Policy Editor, run the appropriate installation package:
- For 32-bit (x86) systems, run PrivilegeManagementPolicyEditor_x86.exe.
- For 64-bit (x64) systems, run PrivilegeManagementPolicyEditor_x64.exe.
Install Privilege Management Policy Editor:
- The installation detects if any prerequisites are needed. Click Install to install any missing prerequisites. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the prerequisites have been installed, the Welcome dialog box appears. Click Next to continue.
- After reading the license agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Enter your name and the name of your organization, and click Next.
- If you want to change the default installation directory, click Change and select a different installation directory. Click Next.
- If you are only managing Windows machines with Privilege Management and want to evaluate it for use with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, check the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Integration box. Otherwise, leave it unchecked and click Next.
- Click Install to start installing Privilege Management Policy Editor.
- Once installed, click Finish. Privilege Management Policy Editor has now been successfully installed.
To use the Event Import Wizard, you must install the Microsoft SQL Server Native Client. For installation instructions and to download this component, please see Installing SQL Server Native Client.