Configure the Privilege Management Policy Editor
After you deploy the client certificate to your Privilege Management Policy Editor machines, you can set up the Privilege Management Policy Editor and configure the editor to work with BeyondInsight.
- Launch the Microsoft Management Console (mmc.exe) as an admin and go to File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
- In the Available snap-ins menu, locate and select the Privilege Management Settings (BeyondInsight) snap-in.
- Click Add >, and then click OK. The Privilege Management Settings (BeyondInsight) snap-in appears in the Console Root menu.
Test the Connection
Before continuing on with the remainder of the integration setup, you should test the following:
- Test to ensure that a client certificate of the correct name is available in the certificate store.
- Test to ensure the policy editor can reach the BeyondInsight Server.
To test, click on Remote Server Details from the Welcome page. From the BeyondInsight Server Details dialog, enter the server details. Then click Test by Certificate Name and BeyondInsight Server to check each component.
The Certificate Name and Workgroup Name fields are populated with default values.
If a certificate of the correct name is found, a message appears stating Valid certificate found in certificate store.
If the BeyondInsight Server can be reached, a message appears stating The server was reached successfully.
When finished testing, click Save.