Deployment Machine Prerequisites
You need a virtual or physical machine to deploy PMC from. This machine is known as the deployment machine. The deployment machine must be either Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016.
You must have the ability to run PowerShell.exe as an administrator on this machine.
- Right-click the package and select Properties. On the General tab, check the Unblock box and click OK.
- Within PowerShell, and from the root folder of the build media following extraction, type:
dir -recurse | unblock-file
PMC is deployed using a PowerShell script that you will supply arguments to when prompted. The following tasks need to be performed in the PowerShell instance that you will use to deploy PMC:
- Run PowerShell.exe as an administrator.
- Navigate to the Azure Paas PMC deployment folder.
- Type set-executionpolicy unrestricted -scope currentUser -f and press Enter to set the execution policy.
- Type install-module -name sqlserver -allowclobber and press Enter to install the SQL Server module. You may be prompted that the repository is not trusted. Install the modules to proceed.
- Type install-module -name azurerm -allowclobber and press Enter to install the Azure Resource Manager. You may be prompted to install the NuGet module as well.
- Type connect-azurermaccount and press Enter to log in to your Microsoft Azure account.
Please leave this instance of PowerShell.exe open, as you will use it to determine some of your Azure prerequisites and to subsequently deploy PMC to Microsoft Azure. If you do close the instance before you deploy PMC, please rerun steps 1, 2, 3, and 6.