Create a Username in the Azure AD Tenant
Define the username for the user that will log in to PMC for the first time. You can use the default username provided with your tenant or you can create a new one.
To create a new user:
- Ensure you are in the Active Directory tenant that you are using for PMC. You can check and change this from the top right menu.
- From the left menu, click Azure Active Directory and select your PMC Azure Active Directory tenant from the list, if you have more than one.
- Click User in the Create menu.
- Type in the name of the user; for example, Joe Bloggs.
- The username must take the form firstname.lastname@example.org; for example, email@example.com.
- You can optionally enter some additional information in the Profile option, such as the user's full name and additional work information.
- Leave the Properties, Groups, and Directory role values as default.
- Check the Show Password box and copy the Password to your clipboard. Keep this somewhere safe as you'll need it the first time you log in to PMC. This is a temporary password that you can change later in PMC.
- You'll receive a notification in the top right corner once the user has been created.