Privilege Management Reporting Database Prerequisite
If you are using Reporting with PMC you need to set up the Privilege Management Reporting database prior to running the PMC deployment wizard. The PMC wizard configures the connection to Reporting but doesn't create the databases.
The Privilege Management Reporting database must be set up to use SQL authentication for PMC.
Install the Privilege Management Reporting Database:
- On your SQL Server machine, run the DefendpointReportingDatabase_x.x.xx installer and click Next.
- Accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- Select the database server you want to use from the dropdown list. The name of the database is set to BeyondTrustReporting. You can change this if required.
- You need to change the selection here to SQL Authentication for PMC integration. If you connect PMC to an existing Privilege Management Reporting instance you need to change the type of authentication used by SQL.
- Click Next. The Configure Event Parser Database User dialog box appears. You do not need to configure this user, as it's managed by PMC. Click Next.
- The Configure Reporting Services Database User dialog box appears. You do not need to configure this user; it is also managed by PMC. Click Next.
- The Configure Data Admin Database User dialog box appears. You do not need to configure this user; it is also managed by PMC. Click Next.
- Click Next and then Install to finish the installation. You have now installed the Privilege Management Reporting Database. The PMC deployment wizard will configure the connection to the database.
You do not need to install the Event Parser or Reporting Pack, as PMC includes event centralization and reporting.
Privilege Management Reporting Database Sizes
These figures are based on the assumption that there are 10 events per day per managed computer, each event is 4KB, and there is 6 months of data retention. We also assume Privilege Management Reporting to be the only application running on the database server.
|Managed Computers||CPU||Memory (GB)||Database (GB)|