PMC Reporting Tab
Select I have already created the Reporting database if someone in your organization has created the Reporting database and you want the wizard to configure the connection to PMC, or select I do not want to configure Reporting if you are not using reporting with PMC.
The SQL Hostname, SQL Instance, SQL Database, and SQL Port that you provide are validated at this stage.
If there is no named instance, the default instance name of MSSQLSERVER should be used.
To configure the connection to the Privilege Management Reporting database:
- Enter the SQL Hostname, SQL Instance, and SQL Port number. If the instance is not the default instance, you need to find the port number for your named instance and enter it here.
- Choose from SQL Authentication or Windows Authentication and enter your associated credentials. This user manages the authentication of the PMC management database with the PMC application services. This user needs the db_datareader and db_datawriter permissions. You can only use Windows Authentication in a domain-joined deployment.
The PMC deployment wizard needs a user with SQL sysadmin to configure Reporting for PMC, but this user can be demoted to dbo.owner after the installation has finished.
Obtain the SQL Port for a Specific Instance
To obtain the SQL instance port number:
- Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- From the left menu, navigate to SQL Server Network Configuration > Protocols for "Instance Name".
- In the right panel, right-click on TCP/IP and scroll down to the last section, called IPAll. The port number is listed to the right of TCP Dynamic Ports.
Click Next to proceed to the PMC Portal Tab
For more information, please see PMC Portal Tab.