Windows AD and LDAPS - Manually Configure the PMC Management Databases
You only need to do the steps in this chapter if you are using Windows Active Directory or LDAPS to authenticate with PMC, and you created your databases manually rather than allowing the PMC deployment wizard to create them. You need the following information to configure the PMC management databases manually.
This is the Tenant ID GUID that is generated for you by the PMC deployment tool.
This is your account name for PMC. It should match the PMC Admin Username that you entered on the Authentication tab.
|Email Address||This is the email address for PMC, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.|
The scripts to configure the databases are in the SQL folder of the PMC deployment package.
You need to ensure that you open the firewall port for the instance of SQL. If this is the default instance, the port number is 1433. Otherwise you need to obtain the SQL instance port number.
To create and configure the PMC management database manually:
- Create a database called Avecto.IC3.Database.Management. Ensure the database has SQL server authentication and the user has the dbo.owner permission.
- Execute the Avecto.IC3.Database.Management.sql script.
- Edit the AuthorizationModel.2_0.sql script and replace <TENANTID> on the fourth line of the script with your information:
- Execute the now modified AuthorizationModel.sql script.
- Edit the CreateJobAgentServiceUser script and replace the following placeholder with your information:
- Execute the now modified CreateJobAgentServiceUser.sql script.
- Edit the CreateAutomationClientUser.sql script and replace the following placeholder with your information:
- Execute the now modified CreateAutomationClientUser.sql script.
- Edit the CreateAdministratorUser.sql script and replace the following placeholders with your information:
- This is your account name for PMC. It should match the PMC Admin Username that you entered on the Authentication tab.
- This is the email address for PMC. For example, email@example.com.
- Execute the now modified CreateAdministratorUser.sql script.
- Edit the CreateSystemConfigurationSettingsDefault.sql script and replace the following placeholders with your information:
- Execute the now modified CreateSystemConfigurationSettingsDefault.sql script.
The PMC management database is now created.
For more information, please see Authentication Tab.
To set up the PMC Blob storage database manually:
Execute the Avecto.IC3.Database.BlobStorage.sql script against the Avecto.IC3.Database.BlobStorage database that you created earlier.
The database for the Blob storage is now created.