Log Files to Troubleshoot Azure PMC Deployments
There are three locations where you can extract logs:
- Portal Logs
- Node Logs
- Adapter Logs
These logs are useful for troubleshooting and may be required by BeyondTrust Technical Support in some circumstances.
- Log on to the Jump Box and then remote on to your portal VM from Azure with the credentials you set up when you deployed PMC.
- Navigate to the following directory: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\iC3\Logs. This file is appended to at run-time, so you need to close it to refresh it.
The portal logs should be checked if there are any issues logging into the portal, or if the Service Health Fabric isn't healthy.
You can get the logs from each node in your PMC cluster from the deployment machine. There are two methods of achieving this:
- Specific Node by URL
- All Nodes Using PowerShell
Specific Node by URL
To obtain the logs from a specific node in your cluster:
- Copy and install the PMC Cluster Admin certificate (*.pfx) portion to the machine you are downloading the logs to.
- Log in to the node from Microsoft Azure or a machine that can communicate with the node, and open a browser.
- Navigate to the following string where IPADDRESS is the IP of the node that you want the logs from:
- This will trigger the download of a zip file which contains the logs for that node. This zip file can be shared with BeyondTrust Technical Support if required for troubleshooting.
All Nodes Using PowerShell
This method may be used to script the request of logs from every node for support purposes.
You need to install the PMC Cluster Admin certificate prior to running the PowerShell script:
- Copy and install the PMC Cluster Admin certificate (*.pfx) portion to the machine you are downloading the node logs to.
- Double-click the PMC Cluster Admin certificate and click Install Certificate.
- Select Current User and click Next.
- Click Next to confirm that you're installing the certificate.
- Enter the password for the PMC Cluster Admin certificate and click Next.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse.
- Select the default of Personal. Click OK and then Next.
- Click Finish to complete the certificate installation.
You may need to modify the hosts file so it can resolve the DNS Name of your PMC instance.
To download the logs from all your nodes:
- Navigate to the PowerShell folder in the PMC deployment package.
- Copy the PowerShell file NodeDiagnosticsLogsDownload.ps1 to the machine you are downloading the logs to.
- Run PowerShell as an administrator. The script requires the following parameters:
- Cluster Admin Thumbprint. Press Enter to move on to the next parameter.
- An array of IPs or Domain Names of the node machines. Press Enter after each IP address. Press Enter twice to finish entering IP addresses and move on to the final parameter.
- Download location for the files. This is a path on the local drive of the machine you are downloading the logs to. For example, C:\PMClogs.
- Press Enter to run the PowerShell script and download the files to the chosen location.
For details on how to obtain the certificate thumbprint if it is required, please see How to: Retrieve the Thumbprint of a Certificate.
You can retrieve the most recent adapter log from PMC if you need to send them to BeyondTrust Technical Support for analysis:
To retrieve logs:
- Click the Computers tile in PMC.
- Select the computer you want to retrieve the logs for.
- On the Computer Details tab, click Computer Logs: