Perform Database Backups for Long-Term Retention
By default, a Privilege Management implementation in Azure has Point In Time Recovery (PITR) enabled for seven days. However, if you wish to enable a long-term backup retention policy (LTR) for any of your Management, Blob, or Reporting databases, you may configure the policy to retain backups in separate Blob storage containers for up to ten years.
Microsoft provides LTR backup services at an additional cost. You can use the Azure pricing calculator to learn more.
- In the Azure portal, navigate to Azure Services > SQL servers.
- Select the SQL server that contains the database you wish to back up.
- Click Manage Backups.
- Ensure you are on the Configure policies tab.
- Check the box to select the desired database.
- Click Configure Retention.
- In the Configure policies pane, check any of the Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly LTR Backups boxes, and choose the retention period for each.
- Click Apply.
Once you have made a backup, you can restore it from the Manage Backups pane, on the Available backups tab.
For more information, please see Manage Azure SQL Database long-term backup retention.