Install BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux on Windows
- Run the msi package and follow the install wizard.
- After you go through the wizard, configure the firewall.
- Open Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Click Inbound Rules.
- Click New Rule in the Actions window.
- Click Rule Type of Port, and then click Next.
- On the Protocol and Ports page, click TCP.
- Select Specific Local Ports and type a value of 4443. Click Next.
- On the Action page, click Allow the connection. Click Next.
- On the Profile page, click the appropriate options for your environment and click Next.
- On the Name page, enter a name for BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux. Click Finish.
You must copy and extract the ISO files for the Privilege Management for Unix and Linux, and AD Bridge installers.
The installer path folder structures must not be modified.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BeyondTrust\PBSMC\software\pbis
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BeyondTrust\PBSMC\software\pmul
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BeyondTrust\PBSMC\software\Solr
Alternatively, you can upload software for Privilege Management for Unix and Linux, and AD Bridge installers on the Settings page.
You cannot upload software on the BeyondTrust UVM appliance. Use BT Updater to update local packages.
To upload software:
- Click Settings > Software, and then click the upload icon.
- Drag the file to the upload area.
Optionally, click anywhere in the upload area to navigate to the file. The Privilege Management for Unix and Linux ISO files and AD Bridge zip files are large. The upload can take time. A progress bar shows the upload progress. You can resume an upload if an interruption occurs (for example, a session timeout occurs).
- After the upload is complete, BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux unpacks the files, which can take a few minutes. The software is available after the unpacking is complete.
- Click the refresh icon to update the status of available software.