BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux User Guide
This guide shows system administrators and security administrators how to configure and use BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux. It provides an overview of how BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux works and instructions for its configuration and use.
BeyondTrust Product Name Conventions
This guide uses the following naming conventions for BeyondTrust products:
|BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux
(formerly PowerBroker Servers Management Console)
|Privilege Management for Unix and Linux
(formerly PowerBroker for Unix and Linux)
(formerly PowerBroker Solr)
File Integrity Monitoring
|Advanced Control and Audit||ACA|
|Role Based Policy||RBP|
BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux is a web-based tool that you can use to:
- Manage software for AD Bridge, Privilege Management for Unix and Linux, and Solr.
- Remotely assess the suitability of a remote host's state by running a profile. After a profile is complete, installs, uninstalls, domain joins, and other actions can be performed on remote hosts.
- Manage Privilege Management for Unix and Linux licenses on Policy Servers.
- Manage Privilege Management for Unix and Linux Script, File Integrity Monitoring (FIM), and Role Based policies.
- Manage Sudo host groups and FIM policy host assignment.
- View, replay, and audit Privilege Management for Unix and Linux logs.
- Dashboard: Provides visual insight into host and software metrics.
- Host Discovery: Is the first stage of adding any remote hosts to be managed by the console. Hosts available by SSH will be added.
- Hosts Inventory: Is the central page of the console. On the Hosts > Hosts Inventory page, you can profile targets, install and uninstall AD Bridge, Privilege Management for Unix and Linux, and Solr. Additionally, you can remove hosts, upgrade software, join hosts to domains, manage SSH fingerprints, and assign log servers to be indexed by Solr.
- Credentials: Manage user credentials for remote assets (typically SSH credentials).
- SSH Fingerprints: Manage SSH fingerprints for remote hosts.
- Registry Name Service: Manage Privilege Management for Unix and Linux Registry Name Service systems.
- Policy Management: Allows for management of Privilege Management for Networks, FIM, and Role Based and Script Based policies on Privilege Management for Unix and Linux Policy Servers.
- Audit: View Privilege Management for Unix and Linux event and IO logs. IO logs can be replayed as they occurred. Users can add comments on the logs.
- Tasks: Provides details about results and status of any remote actions performed by the console.
- Settings: Configuration settings available to the end user, including integration settings for products like Password Safe.