Configure Resource Zones
Create a Resource Zone
You may create as many resource zones as needed for your environment; however, only one resource zone is required. This is the built-in Default zone, which is a catch-all for all domains and workgroups in your network.
To create a new resource zone:
- From the left menu in BeyondInsight, click Configuration.
- Under Privileged Access Management, click Resource Zones.
- Click Create a New Resource Zone.
- Enter a Name for identifying the resource zone. This can be up to 64 characters and cannot contain spaces.
- Enter a meaningful Description.
- Under Domains, select a domain from the list or enter a domain name or an LDAP server name, if it isn't listed.
A domain or LDAP server is used for anything that Password Safe needs to obtain from a directory, such as authentication, directory queries, directory credentials, binding credentials, etc. Domains and LDAP servers that have already been discovered in Password Safe and are not already associated with a resource zone are listed. You can manually add a domain or LDAP server that has not yet been discovered by typing it in the Search and Add Domains box, and then clicking the Add as New Option button.
- For Workgroups, do not select or enter any. Instead, allow Password Safe to automatically create a workgroup using the name of the resource zone once the zone is created.
A workgroup is used to segment functionality within Password Safe Cloud to specific managed systems. Existing workgroups that are not already associated with a resource zone are listed. You can manually add a workgroup by typing it in the Search and Add Workgroups box, and then clicking the Add as New Option button.
- Click Create Resource Zone.
Edit and Delete Resource Zones
You can edit or delete resource zones as follows:
Select the resource zone in the grid on the Resource Zones page, click the More Options (ellipsis) button, and then select Edit Resource Zone or Delete Resource Zone.
Editing a resource zone provides the same options as creating a resource zone, as documented in the steps above. You cannot delete a resource zone that has resource brokers associated with it. You must unregister all resource brokers from the zone first.