Log In to the BeyondInsight Console
Logging into the console varies depending on the type of authentication configured for your system.
The following authentication types can be used:
- BeyondInsight: Create a BeyondInsight user in the console, add the user to a group.
- Active Directory: Create a group and add Active Directory users as members.
- LDAP: Create a user group and add Active Directory users as members.
- Smart Card: Configure Password Safe to allow authentication using a Smart Card PIN.
- RADIUS: Configure multi-factor authentication with a RADIUS server.
- Third Party Authentication: Configure BeyondInsight to use authentication for web tools which support SAML 2.0 standard such as PingID, Okta and ADFS.
When working in the console, the times displayed match the web browser on the local computer unless stated otherwise.
To log in:
- Open a browser and enter the URL for your BeyondInsight instance: https://<hostname>/WebConsole/index.html.
You might need to accept a pre-login message, if one has been configured on your system.
- Enter your username and password. The default username is Administrator, and the password is the administrator password you set in the
- If applicable, select a domain or LDAP Server from the Log in to list.
- Click Login.
The Log in to list is only displayed on the Login page when there are either Active Directory or LDAP user groups created in the BeyondInsight console. The Log in to list is displayed by default, but may be disabled / enabled by an admin user by toggling the Show list of domains/LDAP servers on login page setting from Configuration > System > Site Options page.
If the initial login attempt fails, and two-factor authentication (2FA) is enabled, the user is taken to the 2FA page for security reasons.
For more information, please see the BeyondInsight and Password Safe Authentication Guide.
Log Out of the Console
To log out of the console, click Profile and preferences in the top-right corner, and then click Log Out.