Configure a Claims-Aware Website to Authenticate against SAML
You can configure a claims-aware website to bypass the current BeyondInsight login page and authenticate against any configured Federated Service that uses SAML to issue claims.
The claims-aware website is configured to redirect to a defined Federation Service through the web.config. Upon receiving the required set of claims, the user is redirected to the existing BeyondInsight website. At that point, it is determined if the user has the appropriate group membership to log in, given the claims associated with them.
If users attempting to access BeyondInsight have group claims matching a group defined in BeyondInsight, and the group has the Full Control permission to the Management Console Access feature, the user bypasses the BeyondInsight login screen. If the user is new to BeyondInsight, they are created in the system using the same claims information. The user is also added to all groups they are not already a member of that match in BeyondInsight, and as defined in the group claim information.
If the user is not a member of at least one group defined in BeyondInsight or that group does not have the Full Control permission to the Management Console Access feature, they are redirected to the BeyondInsight login page.
Create a BeyondInsight Group
Create a BeyondInsight group and ensure the group is assigned the Full Control permission to the Management Console Access feature.
Add Relying Party Trust
After BeyondInsight is installed, metadata is created for the claims-aware website. Use the metadata to configure the relying party trust on the Federation Services instance.
The metadata is located in the following directory:
<Install path>\eEye Digital Security\Retina CS\WebSiteClaimsAware\FederationMetadata\2007-06\
When selecting a Data Source in the Add Relying Party Trust Wizard, select the FederationMetadata.xml generated during the install.
Set Up Claim Rules
Claims rules can be defined in a number of different ways. The example provided is simply one way of pushing claims to BeyondInsight. As long as the claims rules are configured to include at least one claim of outgoing type Group (with Group claim matching exactly what is in BeyondInsight) and a single outgoing claim of type Name, then BeyondInsight has enough information to potentially grant access to the site to the user.
Supported Federation Service Claim Types
|Outgoing Claim Type||Outgoing Claim Type||Mapping to BeyondInsight User Detail|
The following procedure demonstrates how to set up a claims-aware website using the Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) SDK.
- Start the Windows Identity Foundation Federation Utility.
- On the Welcome page, browse to and select the web.config file for BeyondInsight Claims Aware site. The application URI automatically populates.
- Click Next.
- Select Using an existing STS.
- Enter Root URL of Claims Issuer or STS.
- Select Test location. FederationMetadata.xml is downloaded.
- Click Next.
- Select a STS signing certificate option, and then click Next.
- Select an encryption option, and then click Next.
- Select the appropriate claims, and then click Next.
- Review the settings on the Summary page, and then click Finish.
Disable Forms Login
In environments where SAML, smart card, or claims-aware is configured, we recommend enabling the Disable Forms Login authentication option to disallow users from using the standard login form in BeyondInsight.
To disable forms login for existing users, enable this option directly on a user account as follows:
- Click the vertical ellipsis for the user account, and then click Edit User Details.
- Under Authentication Options, toggle Disable Forms Login to enable the option.
Please contact support for assistance if you need to bulk-apply this setting to existing accounts.
To configure login forms to automatically be disabled for newly created users:
- Navigate to Configuration > Authentication Management > Authentication Options.
- Under Forms Login Options, enable one or both options as applicable:
- Disable Forms Login for new directory accounts
- Disable Forms Login for new local accounts