Create and Configure Groups
You can create BeyondInsight local groups, as well as add Active Directory and LDAP groups into BeyondInsight.
You can filter the groups displayed in the grid by type of group, name of the group, group description, and the date the group was last synchronized.
By default, the first 100 groups are displayed per page. You can change this by selecting a different number from the Items per page dropdown at the bottom of the grid.
After a group is created, add user accounts to the group. When a user is added to a group, the user is assigned the permissions assigned to the group.
Create a BeyondInsight Local Group
- Select Configuration.
- Under Role Based Access, select User Management.
- Under Groups, click Create New Group.
- Select Create a New Group.
- Enter a Group Name and Description for the group.
- The group is set to Active (yes) by default. Click the slider to set the group to Active (no) if you wish to activate it later.
- Click Create Group.
- Assign users to the group:
- Under Group Details, select Users.
- From the Show drop-down list, select Users not assigned.
- Filter the list of users displayed in the grid by Type, Username, Name, Email, and Domain, if desired.
- Select the users you wish to add to the group, and then click Assign User
By default, new groups are not assigned any permissions. You must assign permissions on features and smart groups after creating a new group. For more information on permissions and how to assign them, please see Assign Group Permissions.