Connect Excel to the SQL Analysis Cube in BeyondInsight
You can connect Microsoft Excel to your BeyondInsight SQL Analysis Services cube to create custom data views, build custom reports, use Excel filtering and graphing features, and use formulas to calculate custom metrics.
On the server hosting the SQL Analysis Services cube:
- Create a local user account with the same username and password as their domain account.
- Start SQL Management Studio, and connect to Analysis Services.
- Right-click the server name in the tree and select Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Add the new local user created in the first step.
On the computer where Excel is installed:
- Start Excel.
- Select the Data tab.
- Select Get Data > From Other Sources > From Analysis Services.
- Enter the server name or IP address, making sure Use Windows Authentication is selected.
- Select the Vulnerabilities cube.
- Keep the default values for the remaining pages of the wizard, and then click Finish.
- On the Import Data dialog, select to create a pivot table or a pivot chart and pivot table.
- Click OK.
- From the Show fields related to list, select Asset Vulnerability.
You can now build reports in Excel based on asset and vulnerability data.