Run an Instance for the Google U-Series Appliance Deployment
For more information about how to run an instance, please see Virtual machine instances.
Create an Instance
- Log on to the GCP Marketplace, and search for BeyondTrust or BeyondInsight.
- On the listing page, click Launch on Compute Engine.
- Configure the following settings.
- Zone: Select the zone for your area.
- Machine type: Recommended types:
- Service Account: Select a security group.
- Firewall: Select Allow HTTPS traffic.
- Click Deploy.
You must retrieve a Windows password through the Google Cloud website. Google assigns a random default password to the administrator account.
You need this password when you run through the U-Series Appliance Configuration Wizard.
- On the Instance Details page, click the instance and select Set Windows password.
- Enter the btadmin account for the username. This is the account that you must use to log on to the U-Series Appliance later.
- Click Set.
We recommend you use a VPN connection when you use your U-Series Appliance instance or access your assets.
For more information, please see Choosing a VPN option.