Run an Azure Virtual Machine for the U-Series Appliance Deployment
For more information about how to run an Azure machine, please see Windows Virtual Machine Pricing.
- Select Virtual Machines from the menu on the left.
- Select Add. Enter BeyondInsight in the search box.
- Select a deployment model and click Create. The following section goes through the five steps to complete your purchase.
- Enter a virtual machine name and VM disc type.
- Add btadmin as the username and enter a password. Minimum password length is 14 characters.
The VM name must be the name you want to use as the machine name for the U-Series Appliance. The name must be 15 characters or less, or it will violate the requirement below. The U-Series Appliance name is entered when you run the U-Series Appliance Configuration Wizard.
- You can create a new resource group or choose an existing one.
- Select a location and click OK.
Choose a size. We recommend that you select a U-Series Appliance size from the recommended systems.
- Managed Disks: Click Yes to automatically manage the availability of disks to provide data redundancy and fault tolerance without creating and managing storage accounts on your own. Managed disks might not be available in all regions.
- Virtual Network: Virtual networks are logically isolated from each other in Azure. You can configure their IP address ranges, subnets, route tables, gateways and security settings, much like a traditional network in your data center. Virtual machines on the same virtual network can access each other by default.
- Subnet: A subnet is a range of IP addresses in your virtual network, which can be used to isolate virtual machines from each other or from the Internet.
- Public IP Address: Use a public IP address to communicate with the virtual machine from outside the virtual network. Choose Dynamic or Static and give it a name.
- Extensions: Extensions are not currently supported.
- High Availability: Select None.
- Monitoring: Enable this feature to capture serial console output and screenshots of the virtual machine running on a host to help diagnose startup issues.
- Click OK.
A summary of the configuration settings is displayed. Click OK to confirm.
- Click Purchase to complete your order.
- It takes several minutes for the machine to deploy. After the machine deploys, select Informational from the options under the Notifications tab.
Configure the Firewall
When you run the instance you want, be sure to configure your firewall. When you initially run the instance, the 3389 port is open to all IP addresses. Change the firewall settings to reflect your IP address only. For security purposes, limit your Internet exposure to only your IP address.
We recommend that you use a VPN connection when you use the U-Series Appliance instance or access your assets.
For more information about configuring the VPN tunnel in Azure, please see Create a Site-to-Site connection in the Azure portal.