Set Up a Cold Spare U-Series Appliance
You can set up a U-Series Appliance that can be used as the main U-Series Appliance if the first one needs to be taken offline.
- The BeyondInsight version on the cold spare must be the same or later than the version on the source U-Series Appliance.
- It is recommended that both U-Series Appliances have the Auto Updates role turned on.
- The cold spare must receive updates so that it matches the source U-Series Appliance.
- For Analytics & Reporting, ensure SQL Server versions match on both U-Series Appliances.
- The source and spare U-Series Appliances must have the same name.
If the SQL Server database is remote, the data will not be copied to the cold spare.
- To set up the spare, select Roles Editor from the menu.
- Click the Cold Spare role.
- Turn on the role.
- Click Locations +.
- Enter the path for the shared location where you want the backup files to be saved. Optionally, select an existing share location.
- If applicable, enter the credentials that can access the share.
- Click Test the Remote Share Credentials to test the connection.
- Select the day of the week and the time when you want the cold spare to retrieve the information from the backup file. When the cold spare starts, the data from the last backup file retrieved is used.
- Create a restore password.
- Provide a temporary machine name.
- Click Apply Changes.
- On the Roles Editor main page, click Apply Pending Changes.
- Once the settings have been saved, a dialog box displays and prompts you to restart the U-Series Appliance.