Associate a User with AD Bridge Cells
You can associate a user with one or more AD Bridge cells to give the user access to the Linux and Unix computers that are members of each cell.
- Start Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the console tree, click Users.
- In the details pane, right-click a user, and then click Properties.
- Select the AD Bridge Cell Settings tab.
- Under AD Bridge Cells, select the check box for the cell that you want to associate the user with. You can select more than one cell.
- Under User info for cell, a default GID value, typically 100000, is automatically populated in the GID box.
The user's settings can vary by cell.
- To set the UID, click Suggest, or type a value in the UID box.
Setting UIDs below 1,000 is not advised, as they can result in a security vulnerability.