Associate a User with AD Bridge Cells
You can associate a user with one or more AD Bridge cells to give the user access to the Linux and Unix computers that are members of each cell.
- Start Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the console tree, click Users.
- In the details pane, right-click a user, and then click Properties.
- Select the AD Bridge Cell Settings tab.
- Under AD Bridge Cells, select the check box for the cell that you want to associate the user with. You can select more than one cell.
- Under User info for cell, a default GID value, typically 100000, is automatically populated in the GID box.
The user's settings can vary by cell.
- To set the UID, click Suggest, or type a value in the UID box.
The Suggest button generates an ID based on the same hash used in Unprovisioned mode. This allows an ADB Open to ADB Enterprise migration that retains users' IDs.
Setting UIDs below 1,000 is not advised, as they can result in a security vulnerability.