Use the AD Bridge Cell Manager to Add a Cell
When you add a cell, you must attach it to an organizational unit (OU) in Active Directory.
To add a cell:
- In AD Bridge Cell Manager, right-click the top-level Cell Manager domain node, select New, and then click Cell.
- Select the OU to which you want to attach the cell.
- On the Cell Defaults page, select the following:
- Default Home Directory: type the path for the home directory that you want to set for users in the cell. For example, /home/%D/%U.
When you set the home directory, you must use the default user name variable (%U). You can set the default domain name using the domain name variable (%D) but it is not required.
- Default Login Shell: type the path to the default shell that you want to use. For example, /bin/ sh.
- Enable Your User Account in the Cell: select to add your account to the cell.
- Forward audit event to
- Prepend default domain name to AD users and groups
- Set group policy refresh interval
- Click Start.