Configure Cell Settings for a Group
In Active Directory Users and Computers, you can configure AD Bridge cell settings for a group. You can configure a GID and group alias.
Administrative privileges are required to manage AD Bridge cell settings. Ensure you are logged on as a Domain Administrator, Enterprise Administrator, or you are assigned permissions. For more information, please see Assign Permissions to Manage AD Bridge Cells.
A cell must already be created.
For more information, please see the following:
- Start Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the console tree, right-click a group, and then click Properties.
- Click the AD Bridge Cell Settings tab.
- In the AD Bridge Cells section, select the check box for the cell that you want to provide the group access to.
- In the Group info for cell section, set the following:
- GID: Click Suggest, or type a value in the GID box.
- Group Alias: Set an alias for the group (Optional). The alias applies only within the cell.
You can assign a group identifier (GID) to an Active Directory group by associating the group object with a cell and setting a GID value for the group object. The GID information that you enter is applied to all objects in the group. However, the settings are not applied to nested groups; you must apply the GID information to each group.