Install the Agent on Unix from the Command Line
Install the AD Bridge agent on Sun Solaris, HP-UX, and IBM AIX by using a shell script that contains a self-extracting executable, an SFX installer with a file name that ends in sh.
The examples shown here are for Solaris Sparc systems. For other Unix platforms, use the correct installer name.
The name of a Unix installer for AD Bridge on installation media might be truncated to an eight-character file name with an extension. For example, l3499sus.sh is the truncated version of pbis-enterprise-x.x.1.3499.solaris.sparc.pkg.sh.
To view a list of command-line options, run the following command:
- Download or copy the installer to the computer desktop.
- Change directories to the desktop.
- As root, change the mode of the installer to executable:
chmod a+x pbis-enterprise-x.x.x.xxxx.solaris.sparc.pkg.sh
- As root, run the installer:
- Follow the instructions in the installer.