BeyondTrust is a place where you can bring your purpose to life through the work that you do, creating a safer world through our cyber security SaaS portfolio.
BeyondTrust is seeking a Sr Software Engineer (Backend) for the team that develops our Password Safe product. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in enterprise software development, and some experience partnering with product and engineering stakeholders to define use cases and implementation details for new features and enhancements. Password Safe helps our customers to manage privileged passwords, accounts, keys, secrets, and sessions for people and machines; and secure non-privileged employee passwords for business applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop service-oriented software using C# / .NET / .NET Core
- Be involved primarily in the service and database layers of the software
- Analyze, create and review functional requirements for products based on use cases described by Product Management
- Ensure the product’s scalability, reliability, consistency, and performance
- Collaborate with other cross-functional team members to support the operation and maintenance of products
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to support the operation and maintenance of products and improve the quality of those systems
- Collaborate with other team members, teams, and stakeholders in the design, implementation, and maintenance of product functionality, creating efficient, reliable, reusable, and performant code
- Propose and evaluate technical solutions as part of research spikes
- Review, debug, and provide feedback on code written by other team members
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong English written and verbal communication, presentation and people skills.
- A proven interest in growing your knowledge and skills
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field and 10 years of experience
- Ability to understand any part of the software stack
- Ability to thrive in an environment where some team members work remotely, independently, and as a team
- Experience using C#, IIS, .NET 4.7, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, and NuGet packages
- A good understanding of SQL and relational database schemas
- Experience writing unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, and/or end-to-end tests
- Experience with at least one continuous integration system (Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Circle CI, etc.)
- Experience using git as a revision control system
- Knowledge of industry best practices for secure coding practices, code quality and architecture
- Experience with full lifecycle of development in an agile environment.
- Good understanding of network security, certificate usage and encryption.
- Good understanding of Azure Active Directory and Active Directory
Nice To Have:
- Familiarity with services provided by major cloud providers, ideally those provided by Azure
- Experience writing and reviewing technical specifications and design documents
- Basic networking knowledge about IPs, subnets, DNS, Network Security Groups
- Agile team experience: Working as a team in scrums, sprints & retrospectives
- Experience using SQL Server Analysis Services or Integration Services to manipulate data in a logical way.
- Security Knowledge: This is what we do. You may not know everything related to security, but you know what security customers want, and how to make sure they get it. You have a strong desire to learn as much as possible about network security.
Who Are You:
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You ask, “how we can, not why we can’t”.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You are a team player, eager and open to sharing successes and failures.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You love solving problems
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They are the guiding values of how we build our teams, cultivate leaders, and create a culture where people feel connected.
We take care of our employees so they can take care of our customers. Customers who come from all walks of life just like us. We hire incredible people from diverse backgrounds because when we are different together, we are stronger together.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, enabling organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access. We are leading the charge in innovating identity-first security and are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 75 of the Fortune 100, plus a global ecosystem of partners.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.