BeyondTrust is a place where you can bring your purpose to life through the work that you do, creating a safer world through our cyber security SaaS portfolio.
Our culture of flexibility, trust, and continual learning means you will be recognized for your growth, and for the impact you make on our success. You will be surrounded by people who challenge, support, and inspire you to be the best version of yourself.
The Salesforce Development Manager is responsible for managing a team of developers who are charged with bringing ideas of various stakeholders to life within the Salesforce platform. It requires someone who is a strong people leader, has exceptional Salesforce technical and project management skills, and communicates effectively to stakeholders. The ideal Salesforce Development Manager knows how to effectively organize and prioritize work to ensure that Salesforce developers can quickly deliver quality solutions to the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Effectively manage people resources (goal planning, career path, time-off requests, etc)
- Quickly respond to high severity and urgent requests reported by the business (support the production environment)
- Develop plans that align resources and projects to ensure timely, and predictable, delivery to the business
- Develop and support build automation via CI/CD and follow best practices for release management
- Develop and execute reports that provide clarity on team performance and other KPIs
- Coordinate with a first team of other leaders aligned with Salesforce solution development
- Run weekly sprint planning and resource planning meetings to provide accurate status updates to leadership and the business
- Aid in the technical design and solution architecture for maintenance, operational, and strategic requests
- Guide and mentor Sr. Developers, Developers, and Jr. Developers on the team to help improve their skillsets
- Gather requirements and provide architectural patterns to solve complex business problems
- Perform development on advanced projects, and function as a senior development resource, when needed
- Document and develop coding standards and best practices for the development team
- Other duties as instructed by leadership
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven leadership acumen with a desire to establish and improve processes.
- 5+ years in a non-Salesforce development capacity (C#, Java, Path)
- 5+ years of experience working with Git, or other VCS, and using Continuous Integration tools (Copado, Gearset, Jenkins, Anthill, etc) to migrate changes to sandbox and production environments
- 5+ years of experience working with object-oriented design
- 5+ years experience developing project plans using MS Project or similar project planning tools under a waterfall development model
- 5+ years of experience working with RDBMS database systems with extensive knowledge of proper data modeling and design
- 5+ years of experience as a Sr Salesforce Developer or Architect
- 3+ years of experience as manager of a Salesforce development team
- Salesforce certifications or comparable experience in the platform
- Extensive experience with SOAP/REST APIs – both developing and consuming them
- Independent/self-managing individual who requires little guidance
- Comfortable working in an Jira Agile development environment and resolving tickets or backlog items
- Collaborative team player
Nice To Have:
- Clear understanding of common platform development methodologies
- Clear understanding of platform managed applications & database systems
- Experience working in an org with at least 500 users in both and admin and developer capacity
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They are the guiding values of how we build our teams, cultivate leaders, and create a culture where people feel connected.
We take care of our employees so they can take care of our customers. Customers who come from all walks of life just like us. We hire incredible people from diverse backgrounds because when we are different together, we are stronger together.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, enabling organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access. We are leading the charge in innovating identity-first security and are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 75 of the Fortune 100, plus a global ecosystem of partners.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.