BeyondTrust is a place where you can bring your purpose to life through the work that you do, creating a safer world through our cyber security SaaS portfolio.
Our culture of flexibility, trust, and continual learning means you will be recognized for your growth, and for the impact you make on our success. You will be surrounded by people who challenge, support, and inspire you to be the best version of yourself.
The Senior UX designer will have an integral role within BeyondTrust, responsible for supporting the UX team to ensure consistent, effective and competitive user experiences whilst being a role model for other UX team members. The Senior UX designer will also be expected to collaborate with cross functional departments (i.e. Product Management, Marketing, Engineering) to help identify specific user needs and work with developers domain specialists, and a content writer to deliver technically feasible, user focused solutions that align with business goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with clients directly to understand their business environment, processes and ‘jobs to be done’ and obtain their feedback and direction on product interfaces.
- Support the Director of Product Design in roadmap creation and project planning and prioritizing.
- Support the UX design practice by actively seeking process improvements, driving productive change and running exercises to encourage widespread UX adoption.
- Support the UX team by sharing experiences and skills, running team workshops and identifying exercises, events and courses to support team progression.
- Evaluate product interfaces with competitive and best-in-class interfaces to drive continuous improvement in the portfolio product’s UI.
- Guide the UX design team in creating user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes to iterate on design direction.
- Guide the UX team in refining the visual language of our products and expanding our design system.
- Work with cross-functional business and technical teams and key stakeholders to define highly effective, usable, and consistent user interfaces.
- Design elegant solutions and simple to complex workflows leveraging client iterative validation.
- Act as the user advocate during the development process and offer suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA, SEs, and customers to ensure UI meets product requirements and experience expectations.
- Be a key player during the QA testing process to ensure the user experience requirements are fulfilled.
- Act as the UX “go to” in the local development office with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices, company design system standards, and supportive research to direct recommendations.
What You’ll Bring:
- 6 or more years of user experience design experience for desktop software, web applications, mobile platforms and other standard technologies.
- Experience in mentoring and/or leading teams.
- Ability to mentor UX Designers, and to provide guidance to bring out their best work.
- Comfort in working with remote distributed teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability and attention to detail.
- Capacity to act on immediate needs while building for the long-term vision and strategy.
- Understanding of common software development practices and proficiency working within a software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to balance UX design team mentoring, hands-on UX work, and provide input for product decisions.
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new technologies and approaches.
- Can successfully build and maintain relationships with developers and managers, as well as champion the UX team’s ideas within the organization.
- Must be self-reliant but be able to communicate and contribute in a remote team setting.
Nice To Have:
- UNIX, Linux, Windows, and Mac OS experience.
- Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, other mobile platform experience
- User experience design experience for enterprise cyber security software.
- Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize.
Benefits & Perks:
Put your wellbeing first with our amazing benefits package:
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Fully remote
- Flexible family-first culture
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family
- Medicash Benefit (including Dental cover)
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
- Paid parental leave
- Sabbatical leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Co-investing opportunity
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They are the guiding values of how we build our teams, cultivate leaders, and create a culture where people feel connected.
We take care of our employees so they can take care of our customers. Customers who come from all walks of life just like us. We hire incredible people from diverse backgrounds because when we are different together, we are stronger together.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, enabling organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access. We are leading the charge in innovating identity-first security and are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 75 of the Fortune 100, plus a global ecosystem of partners.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.