BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, empowering organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced privileged access management (PAM) solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
Recent awards include
- Best Workplaces in Technology - Fortune Magazine 2021
- Diversity in Tech Employer Award 2020 - WomenTech
- Top Work Places 2021 - Atlanta Journal Constitution
The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling employees to do their jobs efficiently and effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, Configure and Manage VMware ESXi hosts and multiple VMware environments with assistance from other Infrastructure team members.
- Install, Configure and Manage Microsoft Windows and Linux Servers.
- Manage OS patching schedules and troubleshoot any failed backups using a third-party application, as well as group policy management.
- Create scripts to deploy and uninstall software and queries to organize management of Infrastructure systems.
- Manage patch reporting of these systems.
- Install new/rebuild/decommission existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing systems and application logs, and verifying
- completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Active Directory- managing users, computers, groups, and OU structures.
- Monitor work orders or ticket status ensuring work assignments are completed to end-user satisfaction.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
- Document and maintain accurate installation and procedure guides, creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as needed.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Experience with Office 365 would be recommended.
- Ability to perform typical Windows PC, MAC and Service Desk support, including server configuration and upgrades and maintenance of hardware, operating systems, including file and print sharing, desktop policies, profiles, communication protocols, remove and replace components, troubleshoot system operational errors and request tracking.
- Strong working experience with wide variety of hardware and desktop operating systems, including Dell hardware.
- Basic knowledge of Linux OS.
- Knowledge of backup systems and methodologies.
Put your wellbeing first with our amazing benefits package:
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family
- Medicash Benefit (including Dental cover)
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
- Paid parental leave
- Sabbatical leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Co-investing opportunity
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.