BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, empowering organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced privileged access management (PAM) solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
Assists the Manager of Indirect Tax with indirect tax compliance. Primary responsibilities include organization, compliance, record retention, and assistance in the filing of indirect taxes including sales/use, property, VAT/GST/HST, gross receipts, and business licenses.
- Review, set up, and maintain exemption certificates working closely with the sales team and order management ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Proactive outreach to customers to obtain new exemption certificates
- Research and respond to inquiries and customer tax disputes from internal and external customers
- Monitor the shared tax mailbox adhering to SLAs in responding to both internal and external requests
- Review and resolve notices from Government Agencies and maintain a notice log with the status of each notice
- Experienced Tax Researcher
- Compile data for tax filings including sales/use, VAT/GST/HST, gross receipts property tax, and business licenses
- Compile data for indirect tax audits
- Reconcile all Indirect tax accounts
- Audit support in gathering documentation
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ indirect tax experience
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task, self-start, and self-direct work in an independent and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of sales/use/VAT/GST tax law and aptitude to perform tax research
- Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage and implement multiple complex projects
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work with teams in diverse functional areas with effective interpersonal skills necessary to build positive, productive, and effective professional working relationships
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize in meeting multiple goals
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Skills but not Required
- CPA preferred
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Working knowledge of Intacct, SalesForce, Avalara, CertCapture, and FloQast
- Excellent tax research skills
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.