BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access.
Our cyber security solutions are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and operate from 13 offices across 8 countries with 1,200 employees.
Recent awards include
- Best Workplaces in Technology - Fortune Magazine 2021
- Diversity in Tech Employer Award 2020 - WomenTech
- Top Work Places 2021 - Atlanta Journal Constitution
This Software Engineer will play an integral part in our company’s product development process and focus on kernel-level software development for our native Windows Desktop Application. You will play a key role in creating stable and scalable software security products that protect global companies from the growing cyber threat. If you're passionate about continual learning and have a creative mind that thrives on the challenge of solving valuable problems then this role could be a great match for you!
What will I do?
- Play a key part in the design, architecture and development of the BeyondTrust product suite
- Use agile tools and techniques to contribute to an effective software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with multi-functional team in various locations
- Own features from design to delivery
- Use advanced debugging techniques to diagnose and fix problems
- Confidently communicate with small groups
- Troubleshoot issues with the product as reported from customers responsively
What skills do I need?
- Track record of developing high-quality code in at least C++11 – We’re currently upgrading to 20 from 17.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team to ship major features and releases
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team
- Curious, inquisitive and passionate
- Visual Studio
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of Windows APIs and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with software build tools, issue tracking and Git
- Experience writing multi-threaded code
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Unit testing
- Peer reviews
Nice to have skills:
- Familiarity with CMake, Qt, gtest/gmock, Boost, C++ templates, Windows Services, Active Directory, LDAP, COM, ADSI, Windows Device Drivers, Smart Cards, WHQL testing, SQL, and PostgreSQL, ATL, Windows IOCP
- We are exploring Rust at the moment so any skills here are a bonus.
- Experience with client/server architectures, RPC, IPC, and Named Pipes
- Experience in developing security software
- Secure coding practices, and knowledge of operating system security architecture
- Experience in developing enterprise software
- Experience writing code that runs on multiple desktop platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux)
What about the Perks?
- Fully remote role
- 10% bonus on top of your salary
- True flexibility with managers who trust you to work in the way most productive to you
- Regular hackathons/lunch & learns/social events
- Always working with the most modern technologies (as a cyber security company we invest heavily in this area, we can’t fall behind!)
- Wellbeing events such as yoga/meditation/home workouts
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family – One of the best products on the market offering 24/7 private GP, Mental Health support, Physiotherapy and more (including a heavily discounted Apple Watch)
- Medicash Benefit (including Dental cover)
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
- Pluralsight - full license to the tech education platform
- Paid to attend tech events and conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Sabbatical leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Co-investing opportunity
- Perks are always reviewed to reward our employees even more!
Why join BeyondTrust?
A healthy and motivated workforce goes hand-in-hand with the success of the company and the happiness of our customers. So why wouldn’t we give you the flexibility, perks and career confidence that you need to get the job done?
As a member of the BT Team we trust and empower you to be the best version of yourself whether that means working in your favourite superhero costume from home or solving complex problems whilst feeding the kids porridge!
We want you to feel at home in the BT family. That means diversity and inclusion isn’t just a policy to us. We recognise amazing talent doesn’t come in “one size fits all”. Our team collaboration extends from Singapore to Nova Scotia and everywhere in between with inspiring women in leadership roles everywhere you look.
We also want to give you the opportunity to constantly evolve (shout out to the Pokémon fans). If you want to learn a new skill or improve the way the team works, your voice will be heard. Hackathons and self-improvement workshops are always there for you to get involved in. Progression routes are clear for those who want it, so don’t expect to be in the same position 2 years from now.
If this sounds a good fit apply now!
Thanks for reading