BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, empowering organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced privileged access management (PAM) solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
BeyondTrust is looking for a highly motivated IT professional with experience in the IT security field to implement small, medium, and large-scale projects for customers involving BeyondTrust software and third-party applications. The Implementation Engineer works with customers as well as several internal BT business units to achieve responsible IT security goals. The ideal candidate should have a genuine passion for the technology space, enjoy problem solving and be committed to customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gain a thorough understanding of the customer’s network, information, and security systems.
- Review the scope of work with the customer to ensure implementation expectations will be met.
- Implement the agreed-upon design and architecture that best fits the customer’s business goals.
- Help Engagement Managers, Implementation Managers, and Project Managers set customer communication and expectations, to ensure customer satisfaction throughout implementations.
- Provide all knowledge transfer and support to the customer during the project engagement, including installation, configuration, and use case scenario implementations. This will include both remote conferencing and/or onsite travel.
- Provide troubleshooting during the engagement and assist with post-sales technical questions and concerns.
- At the close of the engagement, provide a formal hand-off to Technical Support.
- Escalate necessary bugs to Engineering for resolution.
- Escalate necessary feature requests to Product Management for resolution.
- Assist the sales team with technical questions/issues.
- Provide Partner training during shadowed engagements.
- Implement products in accordance with BeyondTrust methodology. Review and provide feedback on existing documentation.
- Play an active role within the BeyondTrust technical community, and support colleagues where required.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our products by collecting feedback from our clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Security, or Information Technology fields, or related job experience.
- Extensive experience as an implementation or delivery consultant within the Information Technology Sector.
- Experience delivering onsite technical consultancy to a range of technically experienced senior managers and project investors
- In depth knowledge of at least one of Windows Server,
- Unix, Linux, and/or MAC operating systems
- In depth knowledge of enterprise-wide networking protocols & ports for both Windows and Linux environments
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of Firewall, IDS, IPS, Antivirus, vulnerability assessment
- Knowledge of client and server relationships including Microsoft Windows workstation to/from Windows server and/or UNIX/Linux servers
- Knowledge of Virtualization/Cloud suites - at least one of VMware, Azure, and/or AWS
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, routers, switches, proxy servers
- Strong dedication to customer care
- Strong team interaction skills
- Excellent communication skills – able to clearly communicate with customers, both verbally and written.
- Ability to understand and analyze customer technical needs
- Must have good initiative and assertiveness
Desired but not Required:
- Security or Technical Certification - such as CISSP, MCSA
- Experience with BeyondTrust products a plus
- Experience with Password Vaulting, Privilege
- Management, and Vulnerability Assessment
- Experience with McAfee ePO
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Compliance standards including PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, ISO
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools like Sysinternals
- Web Application security experience
- Knowledge of World Wide Web environments and tools XML, ASP. Etc.
- Scripting experience
- Fluency in multiple languages.
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.