BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, empowering organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced privileged access management (PAM) solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
You will be working in an Agile Development Team, with responsibility for assuring the quality of software prior to external release on one of our major Linux products. As a QA Engineer, you will proactively take a leadership role in the delivery of QA activities for your team and to coach and mentor less experienced team members in order to improve their QA skills as well as product and domain knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Agile team, definition and execution of increasingly complex workflow and scenario testing.
- Execution of exploratory testing as required to meet the test plan.
- Perform static testing and impact assessment on development documentation.
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team to ensure all user stories have enough acceptance criteria defined, from which test cases will be derived.
- Root Cause Analysis of escalated issues.
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required by your team and/or manager, reporting risks and issues as they arise.
- Work with the Agile team to produce any required documentation and training materials for the product(s) within your areas of responsibility.
- Take ownership of planning, tracking, and reporting of test executions for defined product releases for one or more modules.
- Contribute to definition and continuous improvement of test related systems, processes, and workflows across teams.
- Solid understanding of and experience with Linux
- Ideally 2+ years of experience in QA/IT Administration.
- Alternatively coming from a Linux background i.e Sys Admin, or Technical Support
- Good understanding of SSL/TLS certificates.
- College Degree not required but must have equivalent professional or demonstrable relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in Agile methodologies with Scrum experience a plus.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6) network configuration and equipment.
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python) and the ability to read code is a plus.
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.).
- Experience with virtualization, cloud environments, and cloud technologies is a plus.
- Experience with authentication services (SAML, Kerberos, RSA etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with web service communication protocols (SOAP UI, REST API) is a plus.
- Experience with Bug Tracking/Project Management tools (Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Test Case Management tools (TestRail, TestLink, etc.) is a plus.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.