BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access.
Our cyber security solutions are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and operate from 13 offices across 8 countries with 1,200 employees.
Recent awards include
- Best Workplaces in Technology - Fortune Magazine 2021
- Diversity in Tech Employer Award 2020 - WomenTech
- Top Work Places 2021 - Atlanta Journal Constitution
Our IT Security Engineers play a critical role in the implementation, testing and administration of security tools with a focus on protecting the business from the ever-evolving threat landscape. If you're passionate about security and have a creative mind that thrives on the challenge of solving valuable problems then this role could be a great match for you!
What you will do:
- Drive the initiatives of building and implementing tools to automate security monitoring and tasks.
- Drive the initiatives of reviewing the security aspects of applications and systems.
- Assist with developing solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities quickly and efficiently.
- Lead security projects from design, and implementation to an operational phase.
- Secure enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards (i.e., hardening guides), policies and procedures.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Design and deliver a security landscape with a focus on thwarting malware, intrusions and denial of service attacks.
- Securely provision: Conceptualize, architect, design, and build secure IT systems and networks. Design elements of security architecture to mitigate threats as they emerge.
- Operate and maintain: Provide support, administration and maintenance necessary to ensure effective and efficient IT system performance and security.
- Protect and defend: Identify, analyse, and mitigate threats to internal IT systems and networks. Perform threat hunting and log review to identify indicators of compromise.
What is required:
- 3-5 years of experience in Network, Server, and Client security administration.
- Operational knowledge of networking fundamentals including, but not limited, to Routing and Switching.
- 3-5 years of experience managing Firewalls, IPS/IDS Systems, Web Application Firewalls, Linux Servers, Windows Servers, Content Filtering Systems, Email Security Systems, DNS Systems, Routers, Switches and Endpoint Security Systems.
- Effective communication skills and ability to translate “tech terms” into business terms.
- Ability to learn new technologies and implement advanced solutions at a rapid pace.
- Ability to manage complex projects and work with 3rd party vendors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of remote office connectivity technologies including MPLS, SSL/VPN, etc.
- Provide after-hours incident response and assistance for all urgent and related responsibilities.
- Ensure the business requirements are met and documented for various systems related to security best practices.
What about the Perks?
- Fully remote role
- 10% bonus on top of your salary
- True flexibility with managers who trust you to work in the way most productive to you
- Regular hackathons/lunch & learns/social events
- Always working with the most modern technologies (as a cyber security company we invest heavily in this area, we can’t fall behind!)
- Wellbeing events such as yoga/meditation/home workouts
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family – One of the best products on the market offering 24/7 private GP, Mental Health support, Physiotherapy and more (including a heavily discounted Apple Watch)
- Medicash Benefit (including Dental cover)
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
- Pluralsight - full license to the tech education platform
- Paid to attend tech events and conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Sabbatical leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Co-investing opportunity
- Perks are always reviewed to reward our employees even more!
Why join BeyondTrust?
A healthy and motivated workforce goes hand-in-hand with the success of the company and the happiness of our customers. So why wouldn’t we give you the flexibility, perks and career confidence that you need to get the job done?
As a member of the BT Team we trust and empower you to be the best version of yourself whether that means working in your favourite superhero costume from home or solving complex problems whilst feeding the kids porridge!
We want you to feel at home in the BT family. That means diversity and inclusion isn’t just a policy to us. We recognise amazing talent doesn’t come in “one size fits all”. Our team collaboration extends from Singapore to Nova Scotia and everywhere in between with inspiring women in leadership roles everywhere you look.
We also want to give you the opportunity to constantly evolve (shout out to the Pokémon fans). If you want to learn a new skill or improve the way the team works, your voice will be heard. Hackathons and self-improvement workshops are always there for you to get involved in. Progression routes are clear for those who want it, so don’t expect to be in the same position 2 years from now.
If this sounds a good fit apply now!
Thanks for reading