Who are BeyondTrust?
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access.
We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and operate from 13 offices across 8 countries with 1,200 employees.
Recent awards include
- Best Workplaces in Technology - Fortune Magazine 2021
- Diversity in Tech Employer Award 2020 - WomenTech
- Top Work Places 2021 - Atlanta Journal Constitution
We’re looking for an imaginative QA Engineer to join our Agile Development Team in Manchester and take ownership for the quality and continual innovation of our cyber security software suite.
This is a highly collaborative role, you’ll be creating test charters, test cases, executing test plans and sharing findings for specific BeyondTrust product releases.
If you’re a creative problem solver with a passion for investigating, uncovering, and resolving software issues this could be just the opportunity for you!
This can be a remote role but we would love you to meet the team once times per month in Manchester.
What will I be doing?
- Collaborating with your Agile team to guarantee software delivered by each sprint and each integration test meets both functional and non-functional requirements
- Creating and executing test charters, test scripts, recording outcome of tests, reporting defects, and identifying opportunities for product improvement
- Undertaking exploratory testing to meet the test plan
- Create and maintain test environments; setting up the software being tested and configuring test data.
- Partnering with Software Engineers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure user stories have acceptance criteria defined, from which test cases will be derived
- Contributing to automation testing
- Analysing and resolving customer support issues escalated to the engineering team
- Reporting on work status, reporting risks and issues as they arise
- Achieving productivity targets, delivering tasks to schedule, timely communicating any delays
- Contributing to the production of required documentation and training materials for the product(s) developed by your team
What skills should I have?
- 2 years+ commercial software testing experience
- Experience of testing in a collaborative agile environment
- Technical testing skills and the ability to test below the GUI of applications
- Professional software testing qualification e.g, ISTQB
- The ability to step through developer demo’s on Developer PCs, with confidence to step through unit tests with developers.
- A passion for continual learning
- A collaborative, team centric approach
Nice to have experience:
- Experience of creating SQL queries to interrogate/update a database
- Understanding and experience of XML and using XML tools
- Experience of working with Development teams to test using test harnesses
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline
What about the Perks?
Put your wellbeing first with our industry leading benefits package:
- Fully remote role
- 10% bonus on top of your salary
- True flexibility with managers who trust you to work in the way most productive to you
- Regular hackathons/lunch & learns/social events
- Always working with the most modern technologies (as a cyber security company we invest heavily in this area, we can’t fall behind!)
- Wellbeing events such as yoga/meditation/home workouts
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family – One of the best products on the market offering 24/7 private GP, Mental Health support, Physiotherapy and more (including a heavily discounted Apple Watch)
- Medicash Benefit (including Dental cover)
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
- Pluralsight - full license to the tech education platform
- Paid to attend tech events and conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Sabbatical leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Co-investing opportunity
- Perks are always reviewed to reward our employees even more!
Search #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to delve into our company culture!
Why Join BeyondTrust?
A healthy and motivated workforce goes hand-in-hand with the success of the company and the happiness of our customers. So why wouldn’t we give you the flexibility, perks and career confidence that you need to get the job done?
As a member of the BT Team we trust and empower you to be the best version of yourself whether that means working in your favourite superhero costume from home or running unit tests whilst feeding the kids porridge!
We want you to feel at home in the BT family. That means diversity and inclusion isn’t just a policy to us. We recognise amazing talent doesn’t come in “one size fits all”. Our team collaboration extends from Singapore to Nova Scotia and everywhere in between with inspiring women in leadership roles everywhere you look.
We also want to give you the opportunity to constantly evolve (shout out to the Pokémon fans). If you want to learn a new skill or improve the way the team works, your voice will be heard. Our education reimbursement plan is available to you the day you start. Hackathons and self-improvement workshops are always there for you to get involved in. Progression routes are clear for those who want it, so don’t expect to be in the same position 2 years from now.
Thanks for reading