BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The role requires an individual with demonstrable breadth of experience across multiple IT architectural domains who also possesses a deep understanding in at least one BeyondTrust product area.
Architects will be required to validate designs authored by Solution Engineers or other team members, as well as create bespoke solution designs for complex or multi-product opportunities in an enterprise context.
They must be able to think around problems and develop novel approaches, for example through product configuration or combining products to overcome challenges or limitations as part of a holistic solution.
It is also important that they can communicate solution designs (written and verbally), including their business value/benefit, to stakeholders at various levels and with varying level of technical knowledge or expertise.
What will you do?
- Promote sales to new and existing clients
- Define, design, develop plans for PAM solutions in complex enterprise organizations, from capacity planning and software/hardware needs to deployment approaches and configuration of the tool (e.g. HA models)
- Provide guidance to internal BT stakeholders and/or prospective customers based on need and requirements
- Act as a technical lead and go-to resource for Privileged Access Management solutions for customers and internal stakeholders, including discussions on technical concepts, designs and interdependencies, assessments and advisory
- Provide consultative support for pre-sales, partners and customers on BeyondTrust Solutions
- Assess and Analyze customers environment to identify deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement, target architectures and recommended roadmap
- Assess client’s needs and resources and recommend the appropriate solution, taking into account product capabilities and customer constraints
- Educate business and IT stakeholders through delivery of technical sales presentations and product demonstrations for complex or multi-product projects
- Utilize sales, marketing and technical design software packages – use customer relationship management software, including Salesforce, to support sales
- Assist Sales/Solution Engineering team in the design, planning, and scoping of Privileged Access Management and Secure Remote Access projects for prospective customers
- Develop supporting documentation and perform knowledge transfer to internal and external stakeholders
- Support execute and successful conclusion of proof of concepts (POC)
- Present webinars, partner and internal enablement as well as trade shows, seminars, and oversee internal demonstration environments and resources
- 7+ years of experience as a pre-sales engineer
- Experience working for global software vendors
- Building, supporting, and selling security solutions experience preferred
- Ability to highlight BeyondTrust product differentiators against our competitors in the Privileged Access Management and Secure Remote Access market
- Prior experience presenting security products at trade shows, security conferences, webinars and other marketing events
- Prior experience designing and implementing Privileged Access Management (PAM) solutions for enterprise organizations
- Prior experience with or the working knowledge of a range of BeyondTrust products with SME level knowledge in one highly desirable
- Prior experience with cloud technologies (e.g. Microsoft Azure and Office365/M365, Amazon AWS) and DevOps
- 3+ years of work experience supporting Microsoft Windows environments, including Active Directory, NTFS, Authentication/Tokens, registry keys, hardening, DNS, DHCP, Cluster, Load balancing, Microsoft Exchange, , etc
- Working knowledge of high-availability and failover models
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux/macOS operating systems; installation, systems management, sudo etc.
- Working knowledge of virtualization platforms, particularly VMware and Hyper-V
- Prior experience with incident response (malware, DDOS attacks, data breaches, etc.)
Architects will be expected to interact with a range of internal stakeholders, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Product Owners/Product Managers
- Product Steering Committees
- Implementation Architects
- Implementation Engagement Managers
- Solution Engineering
- Sales/Sales Leadership
Desirable but not Required
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or related field is preferred
- Certifications such as CISSP, MCSE, GWAPT, CCFE, CPT, CEH, and ITIL may be beneficial
- Previous consulting experience
- Knowledge or Remote Desktop/Virtual Desktop and Application Presentation solutions may be beneficial
- Knowledge of IAM systems (e.g. Sailpoint) may be beneficial
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.