BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, empowering organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced privileged access management (PAM) solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The Senior Vice President, Engineering (SVP, Engineering) provides engineering-oriented strategic, operational, architectural, and product development support to the global organization.The SVP of Engineering is the custodian of the engineering culture and must be a respected technology leader with a track record of inspiring, building, and leading a world class engineering team in a fast paced, scaled environment.The SVP supervises the distributed team of leaders, software engineers, quality assurance engineers, product owner, engineering/cloud operations and associated technical resources and is accountable for all projects within the Company's suite of enterprise security software solutions.The role includes developing technology strategy and key performance measures, establishing objectives for the product development and technology operations functions and delivering results across objectives, initiatives, and development projects across product portfolio and the greater organization.
The SVP reports to the Chief Product Officer and directly assists on all strategic, policy and tactical matters as they relate to company performance, department supervision, budgeting and control, and financial performance within the engineering organization. The SVP will work across all areas of the business including Technical Evangelists, Product Management, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, and Operations to deliver innovative product solutions to the market and gain internal efficiencies. The SVP will also interact with the Board of Directors and be involved in M&A activities including due diligence and acquisition integration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and manages teams, processes, solutions, and products aligned with product strategy goals of the company
- Improves products by making them more integrated, scalable, usable, flexible, and secure
- Follows emerging trends to ensure they are adopted as appropriate
- Masters and employs software engineering and development methodologies and software development excellence methods including, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and various other practices, methods, and tools as required. Constructs and adapts appropriate processes for usage within specific projects balancing quality, risk, speed, budget, delivery dates, personnel development, architectural complexity, supportability, and scope.
- Establishes world class testing rigor to enable high quality product and service deliverables, supportability, and customer experiences.
- Establishes and maintains a technology roadmap in support of product roadmap across all product lines that addresses technical debt and platform innovation with a rolling 3-year architectural vision that is updated regularly
- Supports M&A initiatives including both technical and product-level evaluation, diligence and integration support and execution.
- Participates in critical decisions as a member of the executive management team and builds effective relationships with senior executives, key management personnel and the Board of Directors.
- Reviews financial and performance data with management to achieve budgeted results and affect changes in product development and technology operations.
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the company’s engineering and development initiatives.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations
- Four-year college or university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum fifteen years of progressively responsible engineering management experience with day-to-day operations within software, technology or technology consulting and services organizations.
- Successful lead role in developing enterprise application frameworks; experience developing and shipping enterprise software applications or services from inception to delivery.
- Proven, enterprise scale VP with experience migrating products/clients from on-premises to SaaS.
- Expertise in Agile development, test automation, continuous integration, and SaaS performance / scalability.
- Clear and proven change management and leadership skills.
- Experience in the enterprise infrastructure, security, or other enterprise business to business technology platforms
- Demonstrated experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills to quickly establish rapport and credibility at all levels within an organization, including the C- and board-level.
- Excellent communication, analytic and problem-solving skills; sound business acumen and executive presence.
- Strong overall work ethic.
- Creative Problem Solver, able to adapt to challenges through collaboration and use internal stakeholders as a part of developing solutions.
- Strong engineering background with knowledge with the following technologies: AWS, Microsoft Azure, .NET, C#, Java, C++, SQL Server, Linux Kernel
- Location is flexible, but consistent presence/travel to key engineering centers (Halifax NS, Manchester UK, and Jackson MS) is required
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.