BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access.
Our cyber security solutions are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and operate from 13 offices across 8 countries with 1,200 employees.
Recent awards include
- Best Workplaces in Technology - Fortune Magazine 2021
- Diversity in Tech Employer Award 2020 - WomenTech
- Top Work Places 2021 - Atlanta Journal Constitution
We’re looking for a Swift Developer to work on our macOS Agile Development Team.
You will play an integral role in creating stable and scalable software security products that protect global companies from the growing cyber threat.
If you're passionate about continual learning and have a creative mind that thrives on the challenge of solving valuable problems then this role could be a great match for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to development effort as a hands-on developer within your team.
- Ensure code reviews and unit testing are completed, and that these are consistently following departmental guidelines. Where no formal guidelines exist, work with peers to formulate and enforce such guidelines.
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required, reporting risks and issues as they arise.
- Triage assigned software defects. Ensure that work on defect resolution does not impact on agreed product deliverables, reporting to Product Owner/Scrum Master where resolution will require renegotiation of deliverable dates for other tasks.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and how they apply to your area. Put forward suggestions for improvement to development processes or tools where applicable.
- Achieve agreed productivity targets in order to ensure tasks are delivered to schedule, reporting as early as possible to Product Owner/Scrum Master where deliverables cannot be met.
- Develop product expertise in at least one product area, such that you can act as the go to expert from a development perspective for this area of the product.
- Track record of developing in Swift/Swift UI
- Experience as an iOS or macOS developer
- Experience with Objective C would be beneficial
- Experience with C++ would also be beneficial
- Experience working in a cross-functional team to ship major features and releases
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed tea
- Curious, inquisitive and passionate
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with software build tools, issue tracking and Git
- Experience writing multi-threaded code
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Unit testing
- Peer reviews
- Professional qualifications appropriate to software engineering roles.
- Good communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions outside development.
- Good understanding of principles, theories, practices, and techniques for delivering software development projects.
Desirable Skills but not Required
- Experience with QT would be beneficial
- MacOS kernel-level development for security systems.
- Linux experience could be also suitable for this role, instead of macOS if very strong in all other areas and happy to adapt quickly.
What about the Perks?
- True flexibility with managers who trust you to work in the way most productive to you
- Regular hackathons/lunch & learns/social events
- Always working with the most modern technologies (as a cyber security company we invest heavily in this area, we can’t fall behind!)
- Wellbeing events such as yoga/meditation/home workouts
- 25 days’ holiday which increases up to 30 days with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family – One of the best products on the market offering 24/7 private GP, Mental Health support, Physiotherapy and more (including a heavily discounted Apple Watch)
- Life Insurance that covers 4x your salary.
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
- Pluralsight - full license to the tech education platform
- Paid to attend tech events and conferences
- Perks are being reviewed currently to add even more!
Why join BeyondTrust?
A healthy and motivated workforce goes hand-in-hand with the success of the company and the happiness of our customers. So why wouldn’t we give you the flexibility, perks and career confidence that you need to get the job done?
As a member of the BT Team we trust and empower you to be the best version of yourself whether that means working in your favourite superhero costume from home or solving complex problems whilst feeding the kids porridge!
We want you to feel at home in the BT family. That means diversity and inclusion isn’t just a policy to us. We recognise amazing talent doesn’t come in “one size fits all”. Our team collaboration extends from Singapore to Nova Scotia and everywhere in between with inspiring women in leadership roles everywhere you look.
We also want to give you the opportunity to constantly evolve (shout out to the Pokémon fans). If you want to learn a new skill or improve the way the team works, your voice will be heard. Hackathons and self-improvement workshops are always there for you to get involved in. Progression routes are clear for those who want it, so don’t expect to be in the same position 2 years from now.
If this sounds a good fit apply now!
Thanks for reading