BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, empowering organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced privileged access management (PAM) solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
A Senior Product Manager is responsible for planning and driving assigned products through all phases of the product lifecycle. They serve as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and drive solution offerings through all phases of the product lifecycle
- Conduct primary market research - including win/loss research, working with industry analysts, client & market surveys, customer advisory boards, and performing on-site visits with customers and prospects - to aid in defining the product direction
- Perform assessment of target markets, industry trends, competitive products and portfolio products
- Define, validate and maintain product strategy, roadmaps and investment plans for specific products
- Solicit input for new enhancements from customer-facing internal partners: sales, solution engineers, marketing, customer support, engineering.
- Research, define, and document market requirements and stories associated with sustaining enhancements and new product development initiatives
- Create and maintain a backlog of proposed product enhancements to be utilized to analyze and select what will comprise a product release
- Develop financial justification analyses, utilize standard scoring criteria and obtain low-fidelity effort scoping to rank order and decide on which enhancements will be represented in a release
- Work with other Product Managers, Technical Product Managers, Solutions Engineers, and Software Developers to specify software requirements
- Assist Product Marketing and Marketing in helping to properly position and launch new products or enhanced features
- Support pre-sales engagements with complex or unique customer installation questions in a timely, efficient and professional manner, and support sales enablement activities
- Conduct post-release research to ensure the quality and fitness of released enhancements
- Engage with client advisory boards to obtain input on enhancements and validate roadmap and release direction
- Attend events and tradeshows
- Provide scorecard results on a monthly basis for key investments and/or new product launches
- Support annual strategic planning situation assessment and strategy development activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, product management, computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in product management or technical product management
- Proficiency working within a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), specifically with scrum/agile approaches
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Passionate about great User Experience
- Must be self-reliant, but be able to communicate and contribute in a team setting
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize
- Able to make decisions with limited data, and adapt as more information becomes available
Desirable Skills but not Required
- Any cloud computing related experience or certifications
- Master’s Degree in marketing, product management, or computer science
- Information security experience, especially Privileged Access Management
- Pragmatic Certified
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.