BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The Contracts Specialist will be an important part of the legal team at a dynamic global cybersecurity technology company. This person must have a “deal doer” mindset to help accelerate the closing process for the sales organization while protecting the company’s interests and managing risk through contracts. This role requires experienced negotiating skills in getting Vendor contracts and Customer Cloud/SAAS and software licensing contracts completed with Fortune 500 customers with a passion for negotiating win-win agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, review and negotiate vendor and customer contracts.
- Recognize and understand business terms, legal concepts, and areas of risk to efficiently negotiate client and vendor contracts that manage risk to the company.
- Work independently in reviewing, negotiating, and drafting high-value Cloud/SAAS agreements, software license agreements, and related agreements in support of BeyondTrust’s vendor, sales, and channels organizations and in conformity with the Company’s contracting guidelines.
- Interface with the accounting, finance, customer support, and other supporting cross-functional organizations to answer questions and resolve legal issues in support of closing contracts with customers and partners.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and adhere to the Company’s vendor management policies and procedures.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Proactively make recommendations to management in ways to improve contract templates, processes, and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A law degree or paralegal certification is not required for this position, although candidates with such qualifications may be considered
- General knowledge of GDPR and similar privacy regimes (privacy provisions in agreements).
- A minimum of 3-6 years experience as a contract negotiator of Vendor and Cloud/SAAS agreements.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Word; Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Thorough understanding of key provisions of Vendor and Cloud/SAAS and software license agreements and the ability to independently negotiate with vendors, customers, and partners to complete contracts in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and the ability to drive to meet deadlines.
- Clear communicator with excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and efficient in managing work schedules.
- Ability to effectively communicate contract principles and policies to internal business teams.
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing and challenging environment; able to think ‘out of the box’ when unexpected/unplanned events arise.
- Excellent customer service skills, both internal and external.
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Interest & knowledge of technology and current trends in the software / IT industry, including cybersecurity and privacy trends.
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.