BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
Reporting to the Network Manager, The Network Engineer is responsible for leading the planning, architecture, design, and engineering of BeyondTrust’s global IT network infrastructure that include LAN, WAN, Telecommunications, VOIP, Security, and Wireless.
- Ensured high availability of BeyondTrust’s production, development, and quality assurance network infrastructures and services, implementing multi-vendor network solutions that include Cisco and Palo Alto hardware vendors.
- Possesses experience in Datacenter hardware rack and stack, replacement, cable management in accordance with industry standards.
- Collaborate with the Information Security group to ensure prevention, protection, and mitigation of cyber risks and attacks.
- Interface with various other groups, ensuring end-to-end network infrastructure solutions met business availability requirements.
- Decompose high-level business and system requirements into smaller detailed tasks to facilitate low-level network design.
- Produce technical documentations in support of network engineering solutions that include architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
- Develop technical briefs presented to leadership and members of change control boards.
- Improve network stability by maintaining strong change management processes that included creation of documents for implementations and rollback plans, technical peer reviews and approval of all changes of projects prior to implementations.
- Deliver network implementation changes with minimal to no interruptions to the production services.
- Exercise creativity in coming up with innovative approaches to projects and issues that arise.
- Providing last stop troubleshooting support of networking related problems, working with Application owners to ensure end-to-end resolution and restoration of services.
- Complete all technical and educational training necessary for the upkeep of BeyondTrust’s IT infrastructure.
- Research, review, and recommend next-generation networking and security solutions for the improvement of BeyondTrust’s IT infrastructure.
- Develop, mentor, and share expertise and insight with other engineers.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent and a minimum of 10+ years of networking experience.
- Industry network certifications or equivalent related experience with illustrated track record.
- Leadership and communications skills with technical reasoning skills.
- Detailed knowledge of cabling standards, TCP/IP, VLANS and routing protocols along with troubleshooting techniques with network management software which includes the ability to analyze packet captures and provide expert diagnostic feedback.
- Demonstrated experience with successful LAN, WAN and WLAN design and implementation as well as experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Specific expertise in Data Center Network Architectures (Unified Fabric, SDN and ACI), SD-WAN, MPLS, BGP with MP-BGP, and DMVPN.
- Strong knowledge of network equipment, including Cisco routers and switches, Firewalls, Site-to-Site VPN, and SSL remote access.
- Specific experience and strong technical knowledge working with Cisco Catalyst 9300/6509/4510/4000, Cisco Nexus switches 9Ks, Cisco ISR routers, Palo Alto Firewalls and Security/Cybersecurity solutions.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail & customer focus
- Able to conduct research into networking issues as required with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment with strong customer service orientation and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage and guide junior staff for optimal service delivery.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Cisco certifcation preferred
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer or equivalent experience
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.