As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
What's the role?
We are looking for a passionate Senior UX Designer to play an integral role by leading our UX team to ensure consistent, effective and competitive user experiences. This is a highly collaborative role where you will build relationships and partner with cross functional departments (i.e. Product Management, Marketing, etc) to help identify specific user needs and work with developers to deliver technically feasible, user focused solutions that align with business goals.
What will I be doing?
- Work with clients directly to understand their business environment, processes and ‘jobs to be done’ and obtain their feedback and direction on product interfaces.
- Assist the User Experience Director in roadmap creation and project planning and prioritizing.
- Support the UX design practice by actively seeking process improvements, driving productive change and running exercises to encourage widespread UX adoption.
- Support the UX team by sharing experiences and skills, running team workshops and identifying exercises, events and courses to support team progression.
- Evaluate product interfaces with competitive and best-in-class interfaces to drive continuous improvement in the portfolio product’s UI.
- Guide the UX design team in creating user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes to iterate on design direction.
- Guide the UX design team in refining the visual language of our products and building out our design system.
- Work with cross-functional business and technical teams and key stakeholders to define highly effective, usable, and consistent user interfaces.
- Work with the UX Researcher when necessary to make major UI re-factorings and validate style conventions and pattern flows in order to build a more intuitive user experience.
- Conduct research to push through design tasks when
- Design elegant solutions and simple to complex workflows leveraging client iterative validation.
- Act as the user advocate during the development process and offer suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA, SEs, and customers to ensure UI meets product requirements and experience expectations.
- Be a key player during the QA testing process to ensure the user experience requirements are fulfilled.
- Act as the UX “go to” in the local development office with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices, company design system standards, and supportive research to direct recommendations.
What experience is required?
- 6 or more years of user experience design experience for desktop software, web applications, mobile platforms and other standard technologies.
- Experience in mentoring and/or leading teams.
- Ability to mentor UX Designers, and to provide guidance to bring out their best work.
- Comfort in working with remote distributed teams.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability and attention to detail.
- Capacity to act on immediate needs while building for the long-term vision and strategy.
- Understanding of common software development practices and proficiency working within a software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to balance UX design team mentoring, hands-on UX work, and provide input for product decisions.
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new technologies and approaches.
- Can successfully build and maintain relationships with developers and managers, and can champion the UX team’s ideas within the organization.
- Must be self-reliant but be able to communicate and contribute in a remote team setting.
What about the Perks?
- Remote-first role
- True flexibility with managers who trust you to work in the way most productive to you
- Encouraged to attend tech events and conferences
- Education reimbursement – you are encouraged to learn new skills/certs/courses and will be paid to do so
- Regular hackathons/lunch & learns/social events
- Wellbeing events such as yoga/meditation/home workouts
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family – One of the best products on the market offering 24/7 private GP, Mental Health support, Physiotherapy and more (including a heavily discounted Apple Watch)
- Life Insurance that covers 4x your salary.
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.