BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access.
Our cyber security solutions are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and operate from 13 offices across 8 countries with 1,200 employees.
Recent awards include
- Best Workplaces in Technology - Fortune Magazine 2021
- Diversity in Tech Employer Award 2020 - WomenTech
- Top Work Places 2021 - Atlanta Journal Constitution
You will be working in an Agile Development Team, with responsibility for assuring the quality of software prior to external release on one of our major Linux products. As a QA Engineer, you will proactively take a leadership role in the delivery of QA activities for your team and to coach and mentor less experienced team members in order to improve their QA skills as well as product and domain knowledge.
- In collaboration with the Agile team, definition and execution of increasingly complex workflow and scenario testing;
- Execution of exploratory testing as required to meet the test plan;
- Perform static testing and impact assessment on development documentation;
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team to ensure all user stories have enough acceptance criteria defined, from which test cases will be derived;
- Root Cause Analysis of escalated issues;
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required by your team and/or manager, reporting risks and issues as they arise;
- Work with the Agile team to produce any required documentation and training materials for the product(s) within your areas of responsibility;
- Take ownership of planning, tracking and reporting of test executions for defined product releases for one or more modules;
- Contribute to definition and continuous improvement of test related systems, processes and workflows across teams;
- Ideally 2+ years of experience in QA/IT Administration.
- Alternatively coming from a Linux background i.e Sys Admin, or Technical Support.
- Solid understanding of Linux
- Good understanding of SSL/TLS certificates.
- College Degree not required but must have equivalent professional or demonstratable relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in Agile methodologies with Scrum experience a plus.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6) network configuration and equipment.
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python) and the ability to read code is a plus.
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.).
- Experience with virtualization, cloud environments, and cloud technologies is a plus.
- Experience with authentication services (SAML, Kerberos, RSA etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with web service communication protocols (SOAP UI, REST API) is a plus.
- Experience with Bug Tracking/Project Management tools (Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Test Case Management tools (TestRail, TestLink, etc.) is a plus.
What about the Perks?
- Remote role – with at home expenses such as internet paid for. Some travel to client sites
- True flexibility with managers who trust you to work in the way most productive to you
- Regular hackathons/lunch & learns/social events
- Always working with the most modern technologies (as a cyber security company we invest heavily in this area, we can’t fall behind!)
- Wellbeing events such as yoga/meditation/home workouts
- Highly flexible PTO allowance
- Competitive 401k Plan
- Healthcare, dental & optician insurance
- Life Insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance
- Legal insurance
- Pet insurance
- Education reimbursement – learn new skills on us
- Perks are being reviewed currently to add even more!
Why join BeyondTrust?
A healthy and motivated workforce goes hand-in-hand with the success of the company and the happiness of our customers. So why wouldn’t we give you the flexibility, perks and career confidence that you need to get the job done?
As a member of the BT Team we trust and empower you to be the best version of yourself whether that means working in your favourite superhero costume from home or solving complex problems whilst feeding the kids porridge!
We want you to feel at home in the BT family. That means diversity and inclusion isn’t just a policy to us. We recognise amazing talent doesn’t come in “one size fits all”. Our team collaboration extends from Atlanta to Singapore and everywhere in between with inspiring women in leadership roles everywhere you look.
We also want to give you the opportunity to constantly evolve (shout out to the Pokémon fans). If you want to learn a new skill or improve the way the team works, your voice will be heard. Hackathons and self-improvement workshops are always there for you to get involved in. Progression routes are clear for those who want it, so don’t expect to be in the same position 2 years from now.
If this sounds a good fit apply now!
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.