As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
You will be working in an Agile Development Team, with responsibility for assuring the quality of software prior to external release. As a Senior QA Engineer, you will proactively take a leadership role in delivery of QA activities for your team and to coach and mentor less experienced team members in order to improve their QA skills as well as product and domain knowledge.
- In collaboration with the Agile team, definition and execution of increasingly complex workflow and scenario testing;
- Execution of exploratory testing as required to meet the test plan;
- Perform static testing and impact assessment on development documentation;
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team to ensure all user stories have enough acceptance criteria defined, from which test cases will be derived;
- Root Cause Analysis of escalated issues;
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required by your team and/or manager, reporting risks and issues as they arise;
- Work with the Agile team to produce any required documentation and training materials for the product(s) within your areas of responsibility;
- Take ownership of planning, tracking and reporting of test executions for defined product releases for one or more modules;
- Contribute to definition and continuous improvement of test related systems, processes and workflows across teams;
- BS. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in QA/IT Administration.
- Experience with directory services like Active Directory, LDAP, SCIM etc.
- Good understanding of SSL/TLS certificates.
- College Degree not required but must have equivalent professional or demonstratable relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in Agile methodologies with Scrum experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of Windows required with Linux and Mac experience a plus.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6) network configuration and equipment.
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.).
- Experience with virtualization, cloud environments, and cloud technologies is a plus.
- Experience with authentication services (SAML, Kerberos, RSA etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with web service communication protocols (SOAP UI, REST API) is a plus.
- Experience with Bug Tracking/Project Management tools (Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Test Case Management tools (TestRail, TestLink, etc.) is a plus.
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.