We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to join our global technical support team based in the UK. If you are customer-focused, passionate about technology and continual learning, this is a great opportunity to act as a trusted advisor to customers who utilise our cyber security solutions.
You will be exposed to numerous cutting-edge technologies, and you'll work closely with our engineering and product management teams sharing customer feedback to contribute to the continual innovation of BeyondTrust’s leading Secure Remote Access software solution.
What Will You Do?
- Show a commitment to managing customer communication and expectations, ensuring a high level of satisfaction
- Provide phone, email and chat support to assigned accounts
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging of customer problems
- Act as the customer liaison to Engineering, Sales, and Field Engineer teams
- Transition product issues to Engineering and product enhancements to Product Management, tracking status to the customer regularly
- Escalate critical issues and roadblocks to the Technical Support Manager
- Be part of the on-call rotation for the assigned product team
- Assign priority to all processed calls in accordance with agreed impact and urgency definitions
- Ensure all major issues and incidents are handled and managed appropriately and effectively with clear and concise communication
- Demonstrate awareness of all information security principles, policies and procedures and ensuring these are followed on a daily basis, therefore, being able to report any security concerns, suspicions, and/or breaches in a timely manner
- Constantly seeking to improve, innovate and increase the technical offering to our customers and ourselves
What experience is required?
- Proven experience as a Technical Support Engineer in enterprise software customer support and/or experience with a software vendor
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based server OS such as Microsoft Windows Server
- Active Directory and GPO
- Strong dedication to customer care
- Strong team interaction skills
- Ability to understand and analyze customer technical needs
- Ability to participate, contribute and interact with cross-functional teams
Nice to have?
- SQL Connectivity and Permissions
- Basic SQL Scripting
- Network Topology/Layers
- Networking Tools and Utilities
- AV/Firewall Rules and Policies
- Secure “machine to machine” communications
- Windows Account Administration
- Security software
- Azure & AWS
What about the Perks?
- Remote first role - Equipment & home internet costs paid for
- True flexibility with managers who trust you to work in the way most productive to you
- Encouraged to attend tech events and conferences
- Regular hackathons/lunch & learns/social events
- Wellbeing events such as yoga/meditation/home workouts
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family – One of the best products on the market offering 24/7 private GP, Mental Health support, Physiotherapy and more (including a heavily discounted Apple Watch)
- Life Insurance that covers 4x your salary.
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
- Education reimbursement – learn new skills and get it paid for
- Perks are being reviewed currently to add even more!
Search #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to delve into our company culture!
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more about our amazing company culture.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.