As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers. As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking environment, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
The Senior Vice President, Global Channels is responsible for indirect go to market strategy, operations, and sales revenue globally and across geographic regions. All partner-based routes to market are in scope, including Distribution, VARs, OEMs, Global Systems Integrators, Cloud Service Providers, Online Marketplaces and Technology Alliance Partners. The SVP will drive strategy and execution of programs to grow the partner network and is responsible for pipeline and revenue creation across all channel routes to market as well as supporting operational programs. The SVP is expected to lead the global partner team, and collaborate with the sales team, marketing team, customer success team, and partner training/enablement team to build a fully integrated channel partner strategy and ecosystem. This role is an executive level role that is a high impact, quota carrying sales management position that plays an integral role in the success of the overall field team and company.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Identify and Enhance
- Enhance playbook/processes to effectively recruit, grow & scale value-added partnerships globally with a focus on partners that can manager on-prem/perpetual sales as well as cloud/subscription sales
- Develop partner capabilities and knowledge on products and features
- Identify required new features and functionality and help prioritize development with product group
- Measured by KPIs around partnership quality and numbers
- Manage programs to maximize growth of partner originated and influenced revenue from across all channel partners
- Work directly with marketing team to develop channel marketing program, including enhanced partner website portal, partner product certification and training, collateral, etc.
- Set go to market indirect channel strategy
- Lead a global multi-channel indirect sales organization focused on selling IT infrastructure/security solutions to multiple market segments (SME to Large enterprise)
- Implement and refine sales automation tools and operational processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of sales force
- Develop key sales metrics (overall bookings, ratio of bookings to sales cost, etc.)
- Measured by KPIs around sales metrics and revenue goals
- Co selling with partners to close sales opportunities and interact with direct sales on the Partner engagement model
Attract and Develop
- Attract and hire top talent (channel account managers, alliance managers, channel sales representatives)
- Develop team to increase capabilities and establish a culture of learning and development
- Facilitate cross organizational talent movement both into and out of group
- 7+ years leading a global multi-channel indirect sales organization (scale of $300M+)
- History of refining sales methodologies to indirect channel partners
- Recruiting/onboarding of new channel /alliance partners & optimizing performance of existing channel/alliance partners.
- Selling SaaS software in the security or IT infrastructure
- Establishing a process for regular reporting on sales performance, funnel conversion, and forecasted growth
- History of working with PE owned firms with rapid growth
- Combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Direct and indirect sales background
- Large (+1B) and mid-size company experience
- Experience managing successful transition from largely on-prem/perpetual sales to increasingly high mix of cloud/subscription sales.
- Salesforce platform knowledge
- Experience with cyber security and privilege access management preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working in complex software channels preferred. Previous success achieving revenue responsibility of $500 million or greater
Additional capabilities necessary to be successful
- High energy, driven, and confident (but not arrogant) with the ability to establish instant credibility and rapport with his/her team and partners.
- Intensity of focus around exceeding sales targets
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Effective communicator with the ability to articulate a clear vision and value proposition to partners, as well as his/her team and end customers.
- Ability to engage, develop and attract top tier diverse talent
- Bachelor’s degree/ MBA with a technical or business focus preferred
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.