BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The Product Leader VP is responsible for planning and driving BeyondTrust offerings through all phases of the product lifecycle. Specific responsibility for current product strategy and execution for privileged password management and PASM solutions, including the stewardship of a $80M+ growing multi-product portfolio, and organic/inorganic new product growth and innovation. Position goals include new product releases on-time and with quality, product sales, revenue and P&L targets, and customer satisfaction and retention.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Conduct primary market research - including win/loss research, working with industry analysts, customers & market surveys, customer advisory boards, and performing on-site visits with customers and prospects - to aid in defining the product direction.
- Perform assessment of target markets, industry trends, competitive products and current platform / portfolio products.
- Define, validate and maintain product and platform strategy, roadmaps and investment plans for specific products and platforms, specifically Password Safe and Dev Ops Secrets Safe enhancements, platform enhancements and efficiencies, and SaaS delivery of products.
- Define product platform and deployment strategy to achieve cloud deployment and managed cloud portfolio offerings.
- Define product and distribution enhancement for technology alliance partners, and other channel partners (global SI’s, VARs/VADs, and OEMs).
- Solicit input for new product enhancements from customer-facing internal partners: product management, R&D, sales, solution engineers, marketing, customer support, engineering.
- Research, define, and document market requirements and stories associated with new product enhancements, sustaining enhancements and new product development initiatives – specifically ‘passwordless’ products.
- Create and maintain a backlog of proposed product enhancements to be utilized to analyze and select what will comprise a new platform release.
- Develop financial justification analyses, utilize standard scoring criteria and obtain low-fidelity effort scoping to rank order and decide on which platform enhancements will be represented in a release.
- Manage a team of product professionals focused on product and channel enablement areas.
- Work with other Product Managers, Technical Product Managers, Product Owners, Solutions Engineers, and Software Developers to specify software requirements.
- Work with Quality Assurance and Technical Product Managers to ensure that test plans are valid for specific requirements.
- Assist Product Marketing and Marketing in helping to properly position and launch new versions of BeyondTrust PPM and PASM products.
- Working with sales enablement to conduct new product/enhancement training for sales, solution engineers, and sales development reps.
- Support pre-sales engagements with complex or unique customer installation questions in a timely, efficient and professional manner, and support sales enablement activities.
- Conduct post-release research to ensure the quality and fitness of released platform enhancements.
- Manage client advisory boards to obtain input on enhancements and validate roadmap and release direction.
- Provide scorecard results on a monthly basis for key investments and/or new platform or product launches.
- Support annual strategic planning situation assessment and strategy development activities.
- Other duties as directed by manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, product management, computer science or related field
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in marketing, product management, or computer science
- 7+ years of experience in product management or technical product management
- Experience in the information security industry and with security software products
- Experience in creating, launching and optimizing cloud-based/SaaS products.
- Experience in managing teams of skilled product professionals
- Proficiency working within a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), specifically with scrum/agile approaches
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new markets, technologies and approaches
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Must be self-reliant, but be able to communicate and contribute in a team setting
- UNIX, Linux, Windows, and Mac OS experience.
- Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, other mobile platform experience
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize
- Professional demeanor at all times
- Support and adhere to Company’s Core Values
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.