As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
As a Scrum Master you will promote and support agile principles by working with the engineering teams to understand Scrum theory, practices, rules and values.
- Mentor for the team, someone who knows when to be the leader in front, leader at the side and leader behind.
- Helping the team to remove any impediments themselves, whilst shielding the team from distractions that may arise beyond their control.
- Recognising antipatterns and advising the team on why and how these are to be avoided.
- Encouraging negotiation between the team, PO and various other stakeholders, shortening feedback loops and ensuring everyone’s views are considered
- Enabling the team to drive their own continuous improvement and where appropriate, shine a light on the blind spots teams may encounter in this regard
- Guiding the team on facilitation of their own ceremonies, whilst providing valuable input and coaching on how to improve and get more value out of the ceremonies
- Educate stakeholders outside the scrum team about how to inspect what the team is working on, advising what metrics offer insight and avoiding their misuse.
- Very close ally to the Product Owner, offering insight into how value is sliced (vertical vs horizontal) and ensuring the team are fully engaged when refining PBIs.
- Work closely with the Delivery/Programme Managers and Business experts to ensure visibility and resolution of technical and business challenges.
- Actively lead organizational Agile activities, including developing and leading training sessions open to the greater organization.
- Coach and mentor other Scrum Masters.
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software development environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with several Agile methodologies Scrum, XP, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS
- 3+ years of experience in a Scrum Master role
- 4+ years of experience in a software development environment
What about the Perks?
In light of Covid we're recommending everyone stay safe and work from home at the moment but we wanted to share some insight into our Manchester office which makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard.
What about the Perks?
- Remote-first role
- True flexibility with managers who trust you to work in the way most productive to you
- Encouraged to attend tech events and conferences
- Education reimbursement – you are encouraged to learn new skills/certs/courses and will be paid to do so
- Regular hackathons/lunch & learns/social events
- Wellbeing events such as yoga/meditation/home workouts
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family – One of the best products on the market offering 24/7 private GP, Mental Health support, Physiotherapy and more (including a heavily discounted Apple Watch)
- Life Insurance that covers 4x your salary.
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.