Who are BeyondTrust?
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access.
Our cyber security solutions are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and operate from 13 offices across 8 countries with 1,200 employees.
Recent awards include
- Best Workplaces in Technology - Fortune Magazine 2021
- Diversity in Tech Employer Award 2020 - WomenTech
- Top Work Places 2021 - Atlanta Journal Constitution
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master to join our Manchester Engineering team. Ideally you are a servant-leader who promotes and supports Agile Scrum by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules and values.
What Will I be Doing?
- Confident agile coach and mentor for the team, someone who knows when to be the leader in front, leader at the side and leader behind.
- Helping the team to remove any impediments themselves, whilst shielding the team from distractions that may arise beyond their control.
- Recognising antipatterns and advising the team on why and how these are to be avoided.
- Encouraging negotiation between the team, PO and various other stakeholders, shortening feedback loops and ensuring everyone’s views are considered
- Enabling the team to drive their own continuous improvement and where appropriate, shine a light on the blind spots teams may encounter in this regard
- Guiding the team on facilitation of their own ceremonies, whilst providing valuable input and coaching on how to improve and get more value out of the ceremonies
- Educate stakeholders outside the scrum team about how to inspect what the team is working on, advising what metrics offer insight and avoiding their misuse.
What Skills Should I have?
- Coaching the PO/team in the agile mindset and the reasons behind the practices and processes of Scrum.
- Encouraging your team to self-organise with a focus on delivering value with every iteration.
- Engaging with people, providing an open and free dialogue between team members and line managers.
- Always have one eye on your own development, and be learning and keeping up to date with the latest developments in Scrum and Agile thinking (via books, blogs and meetups etc)
- Be a self-starter who finds solutions and is easily able to adapt to new technologies.
- Embrace feedback loops, and encourage those around you to do the same. Someone who prides themselves on delivering hard truths whilst caring personally about improvements needed.
- Natural story teller, someone who can convey ideas visually with passion drawn on experience
Education and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software development environment.
- A thorough understanding of Agile methodologies supported by the skills to guide and coach teams in the application of the methodology.
- 2+ years of experience in a management or leadership role
- 5+ years of experience in a software development environment
What about the Perks?
- Remote-first role
- True flexibility with managers who trust you to work in the way most productive to you
- Encouraged to attend tech events and conferences
- Regular hackathons/lunch & learns/social events
- Wellbeing events such as yoga/meditation/home workouts
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family – One of the best products on the market offering 24/7 private GP, Mental Health support, Physiotherapy and more (including a heavily discounted Apple Watch)
- Life Insurance that covers 4x your salary.
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
- Education reimbursement – learn new skills and get it paid for
- Perks are being reviewed currently to add even more!
Search #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to delve into our company culture!
A healthy and motivated workforce goes hand-in-hand with the success of the company and the happiness of our customers. So why wouldn’t we give you the flexibility, perks and career confidence that you need to get the job done?
As a member of the BT Team we trust and empower you to be the best version of yourself whether that means working in your favourite superhero costume from home or planning your next agile ceremony whilst feeding the kids porridge!
We want you to feel at home in the BT family. That means diversity and inclusion isn’t just a policy to us. We recognise amazing talent doesn’t come in “one size fits all”. Our team collaboration extends from Singapore to Nova Scotia and everywhere in between with inspiring women in leadership roles everywhere you look.
We also want to give you the opportunity to constantly evolve (shout out to the Pokémon fans). If you want to learn a new skill or improve the way the team works, your voice will be heard. Our education reimbursement plan is available to you the day you start. Hackathons and self-improvement workshops are always there for you to get involved in. Progression routes are clear for those who want it, so don’t expect to be in the same position 2 years from now.
Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
A note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides ourselves on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment which embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
Don't worry if you need to update your CV, instead of missing out, drop me a message instead!
Thanks for reading