BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
What Will You Do?
As an Escalation Engineer in our Software Engineering department, you will collaborate with our Engineering and Technical Support teams. We are looking for a passionate and motivated Engineer who enjoys the challenge of solving tough problems in a dynamic environment. This individual thrives at problem solving, getting to the root cause within software or the environment in which it runs, and is motivated by doing what is right for our products and our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Work directly with the Engineering and Support departments to investigate, troubleshoot and triage complex, code-related technical issues, gather product feedback, implement code fixes and build patches.
- Attempt re-create customer reported defects with the help of QA Engineers
- Join calls with Support Engineers to help with advanced troubleshooting efforts
- Create and update knowledge base and frequently asked questions articles
- Create hotfixes across various product versions
- Continually maintain detailed tracking of work activities in TFS
- Maintain a Development environment
- Participate in developing new processes
What is Required?
- 2+ Years’ experience in software development
- C#, ASP.NET knowledge, Visual Studio experience
- Active Directory experience: You know the difference between an AD a DC and an OU, and an understanding of AD and local authentication
- Proficiency at creating SQL queries, and have SQL Profiler experience
- Operating System Knowledge: You are proficient at installing and configuring Microsoft Windows and other operating systems
- Experience using or managing Visualization Environments using VMWare Workstation and ESXi
- Great troubleshooting skills
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
- Understanding of TypeScript, Angular, C, C++, Git
- PowerShell and other Scripting languages
- Security Knowledge: This is what we do. You may not know everything related to security, but you know what security customers want, and how to make sure they get it. You have a strong desire to learn as much as possible about network security.
- Network knowledge: Basic knowledge of IPs, subnets, DNS, DHCP
- Agile team experience: Working as a team in scrums, sprints & retrospectives
- Understanding of Linux and Unix platforms and how authentication works for these platforms
Who are you?
- You love to find problems in other people’s code, and fix them
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You don’t shy away from customer demands.
- You ask, “how we can, not why we can’t”.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You always work for the best interest of the team.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
Why join the BeyondTrust Team?
- Work with a variety of technologies to build and evolve enterprise products
- A wide range of employee benefits
- Casual dress and atmosphere
Learn and grow your skills with a talented team of engineers who are excited to share their latest projects and ideas with other team members, access to educational and learning resources.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyontrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.