At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments.
BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network.
BeyondTrust is looking for a highly motivated, experienced, technical individual to join the Professional Services Engineering team. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will enjoy working for an exciting and innovative business. The ideal candidate should have a genuine passion for the technology space, enjoy problem solving and be committed to customer service. This role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are actively pursuing a career within consultancy.
What you will do:
As a member of the Professional Services Engineering team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Gain thorough understanding of customer’s network, information and security systems.
- Manage customer communication and expectations ensuring customer satisfaction throughout implementations.
- Provide all manner of post-sales support including installation, configuration both remote and onsite.
- Provide troubleshooting and de-bugging during the engagement. Assist with post sales technical questions and concerns.
- At close of engagement, provide a formal hand off to Technical Support.
- Escalate necessary bugs to Support for resolution.
- Submit enhancement requests to Product Management for review.
- Play an active role within the BeyondTrust technical community and support colleagues where required.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our products, by recording feedback from our customers.
- Implement the agreed upon design and architecture that best fits the customer’s business goals, in accordance with BeyondTrust methodology.
- Help Project Managers, Engagement Managers, and Implementation Managers manage customer communication and expectations ensuring customer satisfaction throughout implementations.
- Provide all knowledge transfer and support to the customer during the project engagement including installation, configuration, and use case scenario implementations. This will include both remote conferencing and/or onsite travel.
- Assist internal teams with technical questions.
- Provide Partner and new Engineer training during shadowed engagements.
- Review and provide feedback on technical documentation.
What experience should I have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Security, or Information Technology fields or equivalent technical training or experience.
- Experience implementing solutions within the Information Technology sector, both remote and onsite
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the current Windows Server/Desktop, Unix/Linux, and/or MAC operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise wide networking Firewalls, Protocols & Ports.
- Strong working knowledge of LDAP, Active Directory and Group Policy functionality.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Antivirus, IDS, IPS and Vulnerability Assessment utilities.
- Knowledge of Virtualization/Cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, Hyper-V and VMware.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, routers, switches and proxy server functionality.
- Strong dedication to customer care.
- Strong team interaction skills.
- Excellent communication skills – able to clearly communicate with senior leaders and technical staff, both verbally and written.
- Ability to understand and analyze customer technical needs.
- Ability to participate, contribute, and interact with Pre-Sales Technical Engineers, Product Management, Development, Technical Support and Sales teams.
- Must have good initiative and assertiveness.
- Travel will be required.
Desired but not Required
- Security or Technical Certification - such as CCNA/CCIE, MCSA/MCSE, Network+, Security+, Linux+, etc.
- Experience with Password Vaults, Privileged Management, and Vulnerability Assessment utilities.
- Experience with McAfee ePO.
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Compliance standards including PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, ISO.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools like SysInternals.
- Knowledge of SAML and Radius authentication technologies.
- Web Application security experience.
- Knowledge of World Wide Web environments and tools such as XML, ASP, API’s, etc.
- Scripting experience with PowerShell, SQL, Python or a similar tool/language.
- Fluency in multiple languages.