BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
A Software Engineer in Escalations is responsible for investigating and troubleshooting problem reports filed by other Customer Support engineers and devise solutions in concert with other engineers.
What Will You Do?
As an Escalation Engineer in our Software Engineering department, you will collaborate with our Engineering and Technical Support teams. We are looking for a passionate and motivated Engineer who enjoys the challenge of solving tough problems in a dynamic environment. This individual thrives at problem solving, getting to the root cause within software or the environment in which it runs, and is motivated by doing what is right for our products and our customers.
In this role, you will:
- From the Engineering department, work directly with the Support department to investigate, troubleshoot and triage complex, code-related technical issues, gather product feedback, implement code fixes and build patches.
- Apply code changes across various versions of our products
- Collaborate with other cross-functional team members to discuss issues and resolutions.
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of developer support.
- Participate in developing new processes.
What is Required?
- Great troubleshooting skills: The ability to critically think through a problem description, working toward reproducing and diagnosing the problem by using the product, reading logs, and reading code.
- Solid written and oral technical communication skills. Must be able to understand and be understood when discussing problems and solutions with people of wildly varying technical backgrounds.
- 2+ Years of experience in software development or related field
- Understanding of C++; or understanding of TypeScript/Angular, and PHP
- LDAP, Active Directory and/or other Authentication mechanism experience
- Proficiency at installing and configuring Microsoft Windows
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
- Experience with Git, SQL, Bash
- Network knowledge: Basic knowledge of IPs, subnets, DNS, DHCP
- Agile team experience: Working as a team in scrums, sprints & retrospectives
- Proficiency at installing and configuring Linux and/or macOS operating systems
Who are you?
- You love to find problems in other people’s code, and fix them.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You don’t shy away from customer demands.
- You ask, “How we can”, not “Why we can’t”.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You always work for the best interest of the team.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
Why Join the BeyondTrust Team?
- Work with a variety of technologies to build and evolve enterprise products
- A wide range of employee benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Learn and grow your skills with a talented team of engineers who are excited to share their latest projects and ideas with other team members, access to educational and learning resources.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyontrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.